WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Member For: 14y 6m 7d
What else you getting mate?
Since I got the car (2014) I noticed how hot it gets under the bonnet & how long it stays warm for.

So I've been looking at different vents (the Yanks call them "heat extractors") that don't look like cheap plastic chromed junk stuck on with double sided tape & last year I saw just the thing that I think will help the heat problem, looks good & also has a way to stop any water coming into the vent & dripping all over the hot engine or any wiring.

I'm not going to say what my solution is yet, as I'm waiting on a damaged bonnet from over east with all the bits I need intact, so I can see how it might fit on the XR8 bonnet.

Thanks to all the criscrossing underside bits the main sheetmetal is welded to, I need to see what size holes I need cut out & if the vent sizes limit my placement options.

All I will say is it's not the Peugot vents someone did a few years back.

It's also not the XC Falcon vent bonnet which I saw a few years back on I think it was an (Octane?) FG XR6T, as I do like it for XR6T's but think it's too overt for G6ET's.

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 9d

The jaguar vents that Jim used for his bonnet over on AFF looks alright...better than the fully sick XB GT nostrils my FG-T had, anyway...

• Member For: 14y 6m 7d
On 01/07/2017 at 11:47 AM, .Stripes. said:
The jaguar vents that Jim used for his bonnet over on AFF looks alright...better than the fully sick XB GT nostrils my FG-T had, anyway...

Yeah I did like the looks of the Jag ones, if they are the ones with "Supercharged" written on them from a while ago.

Here's the Jag ones up close
0c91ac7bb15508322275bbbebd66ee25.jpg57f08e0a71f628316226551ecdd318b3.jpg4a7cac93717a3ed4516c469eaceec999.jpg

Just looking around a nearby auoto wholesaler & saw this:
a80bc8f1d80bfd4a1364e75694aa5a35.jpgb3bf05bcc6d9ea002007286c381563f4.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 30d

Thought I would throw it out there on here before I open to the world of Stalkbook and Slum Tree.

Got a full set of FG F6 rods, pistons and rings from my donor engine. They have done just on 30,000km, still in great nick and was going to re-use but changed my mind and upped my game.

Lemme know and I can send through pics, even have the bearings if people want to inspect

• 3 weeks later...
  • Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 27d

Anyone have some spare BA BF FG wheel centre caps for alloys. Can be plastic or aftermarket. Need a couple of sets.

Cheers.