WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 10m 2d
14 hours ago, johnxr6t said:

what the heck is a 'stage 2 zf shift kit'

Maybe referring to the box being built. Most workshops build them to 3 different 'stages' of toughness etc

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 30d
2 hours ago, Ezy2Confuze said:

I use the same Penrite in mine and also noticed a huge difference in quietness and also smoothness, no clunking for example.

Might try this in mine to reduce the whine I have when between songs on the stereo.

• Member For: 14y 6m 8d

Finally got around to ordering a helmet:

http://www.cullysyamaha.com.au/online_products.php?cat=RRA&grp=HELMETS&brd=&id=6442&clearance=1

Then lolled at this review from an Aussie, by the sounds of it, I should be able to hear fine and have some decent airflow too.

• Like 1

Not a good start for the Mustang, pretty limp wristed response from the Ford rep. the XR8's, XR6 Turbo's and previous Ford models used in decades passed weren't exactly "specially engineered for Police use" either.

THE Ford Mustang may be in hot demand but it won’t be in hot pursuit.

The iconic US muscle car has lost its police stripes after failing a critical test at the final hurdle before it could become a highway patrol vehicle.

NSW Police are now likely to be driving Volvo sedans and wagons, after their highway patrol counterparts in Queensland took delivery of five Swedish cars last month as part of a trial.

News Corp Australia has been told the Ford Mustang passed a brake test in the simulated pursuit at the police driving academy in Goulburn, however the automatic transmission overheated after just two laps, or about three minutes of driving.

The Mustang was then taken to the local Ford dealership in Goulburn for repairs after the performance flagship went into “limp home mode”.

Ford spokesman Wes Sherwood told News Corp Australia the Mustang “was not specially engineered for police use” and described the test as “extreme” as it involves “more than twice the amount of braking manoeuvres as the global standard”. Ford had to make upgrades to the brakes and transmission cooling to the current Falcon before it passed the police test.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/innovation/motoring/ford-mustang-loses-its-police-stripes-after-overheating-within-minutes-of-a-simulated-pursuit/news-story/13e4b07005fa5bc3b3da6563d0a0fea3

If anyone's been on Gumtree lately, maybe run a full anti-virus scan on it and you are fully patched with your Windows updates etc.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/03/29/gumtree_aus_serving_angler/

Basically for the non technical, some nasties managed to paste bad advertisements, which infected machines with what is known as a rootkit, this then allows them at a later date to drop in all manner of malware to infected PC's.

"The site is Australia's twelfth-most-popular website and last month attracted some 47.8 million views. Parent site eBay Australia scored 74.6 million views."

• Like 2

• Member For: 8y 24d

Hi guys,
Anyone in perth with stereo knowledge fancy helping me out in return for a slab or a small with of welding or something 

Bought a Ba ute from a young bloke and he had put an aftermarket headunit in it and wired that straight to a set or 6x9's behind the seat, he seems to have negleted to have the memory set up or the radio , it just plays cd and aux , the factory unit works but no sound to factory speakers or the 6x9's , 

I dont care where the radio comes from I just want radio function and also the aftermarket unit to remember which song I last played , especially when your on track 100 of an mp3 cd, 

Would be awesome if I could meet up with someone who could sort this for me , around perth 

Cant figure out how to post this in its own section guys sorry

Thanks 
Wayne

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 10d

G'day Wayne, I'm not so great with the hands on side of things...but if no-one here is able to help I'm on pretty good terms with the manager at Westside Sound and Vision in Cannington, so could probably help out in getting it looked at for a decent price, although not as cheaply as a slab I'd wager.

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m 26d
2 hours ago, Ezy2Confuze said:

If anyone's been on Gumtree lately, maybe run a full anti-virus scan on it and you are fully patched with your Windows updates etc.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/03/29/gumtree_aus_serving_angler/

Basically for the non technical, some nasties managed to paste bad advertisements, which infected machines with what is known as a rootkit, this then allows them at a later date to drop in all manner of malware to infected PC's.

"The site is Australia's twelfth-most-popular website and last month attracted some 47.8 million views. Parent site eBay Australia scored 74.6 million views."

This is why I run Ad Block Plus and make it so no ads are allowed and also run NoScript so I manually allow scripts. It pisses me off when websites only need one or two scripts enabled to display correctly but want to run f*cking 50.

Ads are the scouge of the internet, ALWAYS use an ad blocker and even then you're not 100% protected.

Cheers for the heads up though, came out clean of course haha.

Edited by johnxr6t