WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d
19 hours ago, djkice said:

tempted to do a barra stang build :D

Yes!  Ecoboost out, Barra in.  Unsure on space in there though, looks smaller than the last model.  Might be an illusion.

• Member For: 14y 6m 10d

Apparently there's video of the pile-up on The West's web site.

There were some young fella's cruising down Leech, up Orrong and through the Polly pipe on the way home from Phil's yesterday.

Although the blue 6T I saw was a little slow off the mark, I'm guessing the power to weight ratio was out of wack with the four big kiwi's in it.

20160321_114754.jpg

• Will do skids for food
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 5m 21d

Well, after removing and resealing my diff cover at the maintenance day yesterday. I let the goo go off overnight and put some Penrite 80W/140 synthetic in after work today and went for a drive.

I immediately noticed the diff was heaps quieter. In fact Id almost say dead quiet.

Dunno if that was because the diff was probably three or four hundred ml down due to the huge oil leak or from the new oil, but I'm guessing its the new high quality oil.

Hopefully my reseal job holds up and I don't walk out tomorrow morning and find 1.9L of brand new diff oil on the garage floor. 

• Like 3

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m 28d
9 hours ago, Lennox said:

Sounds like a bogan trying to explain a zf tune

So if I buy the car I need to ask around on how to remove something which I have no idea about. Car was tuned by xft with an X3 so the zf could be tuned?

Just now, xr6tman said:

When's the next cruise? 

when/if I get myself a turbo

• Member For: 14y 6m 10d
14 hours ago, Boganspeed said:

Well, after removing and resealing my diff cover at the maintenance day yesterday. I let the goo go off overnight and put some Penrite 80W/140 synthetic in after work today and went for a drive.

I immediately noticed the diff was heaps quieter. In fact Id almost say dead quiet.

Dunno if that was because the diff was probably three or four hundred ml down due to the huge oil leak or from the new oil, but I'm guessing its the new high quality oil.

Hopefully my reseal job holds up and I don't walk out tomorrow morning and find 1.9L of brand new diff oil on the garage floor. 

I use the same Penrite in mine and also noticed a huge difference in quietness and also smoothness, no clunking for example.