WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 26d

Great segue...going to see Mad Max tonight at Garden City cinemas with my bogan mate, anyone hit me up if keen to tag along!

Edited by -Stever-

• Thooperrrrrrr
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 9m 18d

Young kid in my TAFE class just bought an 08 G6ET yesterday, I asked him who he insured with and he said he couldn't get comprehensive because it was too expensive (around $4000) so just got 3rd party.

I don't understand why you buy a car you can't insure? Wasn't any telling him otherwise either, he's just one of those impulsive mislead teens.

On the other hand, the car is sweet, has been a LONG time since I've been in a T so was good to feel that boost again.

Getting me excited for when I get one, slab was poured this morning so another 6 or so months to go and I should be ready to buy!!

• Like 1

• Member For: 11y 1m 24d

Tafe car parks are ridiculous. We had one kid who had a ve clubsport. It cost him 50 something grand and the repayments were 400 a week and he was earning 500 a week. Broke as f*ck

Oh and another one who had a cammed ve ss, sold it bought an 08 or 09 fpv gt, sold that and bought a 600hp ss and a 700+rwhp GTO hsv

Crazy kids

Edited by Lennox

• Thooperrrrrrr
  • Donating Members

Yeah most of these kids are on the mines, tbh most of my class are mature age apprentices who make a decent amount for an apprentice (800+ a week).

This kid though either sold a lot of drugs, or is just really good at saving. If it weren't for a mate of his in the class he'd have failed since he copies everything and just doesn't understand things.

Has had a few resits and sit down with lecturers to try explain how things work but he's just not with it.

Frustrates me that he has such a nice car haha

• Thooperrrrrrr
  • Donating Members

I started mine at 24, wish I did it earlier.

I get paid decent wage, $27.30 an hour for an apprentice is not bad at all, and its tradie rates when I go to site (which is quite often)

• Get It To Wheelspin Uncontrolably Then Give It Another 5 Pounds
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 13y 5m 30d

over east, where I did my apprenticeship, when I was fully qualified as an electrician was $24 an hour (mind you this was 2006 as well)... although I could have bought a 3x2 house on a decent block for $215k.... relative I guess.

well. bought the g/f a dirt bike... (mods sliding ohh so far back), decided to check it out when I got home. '10 model, but looks like new. my guess is the owner bought it from new, rode it 3 or 4 times, crashed, didnt ride again..... at a guess anyways, reasons being -

1. bent bars - owner must have had an off and not known how to fix it. new bars and loosen the fork mounts, straighten it up, all good

2a. just changed the oil. dropped 2.5L out of it. manual says it needs 1.1L. so... yup.

2b. this was the oil filter

reLQjxw.jpg

signs of a new motor.... plus a little more.... :/

3. has a misfire. checked the plug. had a NGK D8EA in it. Bike requires a DR8EA. for those unsure of the letters, the R stands for Resistor type. Changed it out with the correct type, still has a miss. Next job is to replace the coil pack, as the non-resistor type plug has probably burnt it out. will find out thursday if its fixed it.

So that's been the start to my week.....

on a completely unrelated note, washing my engine bay the other day and this piece bounced out the bottom... anyone have any ideas?

PQ0GsO1.jpg

Edited by Krazy Kyle

• Member For: 11y 1m 24d

Yeah most of these kids are on the mines, tbh most of my class are mature age apprentices who make a decent amount for an apprentice (800+ a week).

This kid though either sold a lot of drugs, or is just really good at saving. If it weren't for a mate of his in the class he'd have failed since he copies everything and just doesn't understand things.

Has had a few resits and sit down with lecturers to try explain how things work but he's just not with it.

Frustrates me that he has such a nice car haha

edited never mind looks like you already on with a decent company. Edited by Lennox

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 20d

on a completely unrelated note, washing my engine bay the other day and this piece bounced out the bottom... anyone have any ideas?

PQ0GsO1.jpg

Kyle, I have had that as well. That is the so called "cover" for the windscreen wiper base. It is where you take the bolt out to remove the complete arm assembly.

• Like 1