WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 6d

Haha good wet weather tyres will help, but you still need to respect the torque of these cars.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 25d

YES!!!! finally rocking the multiquote thanks to google chrome :P

Haha good wet weather tyres will help, but you still need to respect the torque of these cars.

Makes sense I suppose....still rekon better tyres should help a bit? plus as stated the times when its scary ... I'm not even using the right pedal at all lol

Tyres

Tyre pressures

Wheel alignment

Is that a question for me? or a statement? I assume statement lol .... but FYI tyres as mentioned GY EF1 D5 and Falken Azenis PT-722, 40psi front and 37psi rear, wheel alignment as done by Bob Jane (maybe sh!thouse?)...I would assume they do it to Ford specs or something?

• Get It To Wheelspin Uncontrolably Then Give It Another 5 Pounds
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 13y 5m 29d

im running Nitto Invos 245/35/20 on the front and Yokohama Earth 1 (Ref http://global.yokohamatire.net/products/earth1.html ) 275/30/20 on the rear. Nittos are 260 tread wear (softest I could find). I think the fronts (bottom pic) could have used a little more air/more camber.... maybe, Aaron or Luke would have a better idea. Rears are just feathered from spinning.

Again, Tirerack.com is an awesome site for getting info on everything tyre related.

Below page will explain tread wear/traction rating/speed rating etc.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=48

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 25d

So do you rate the earth 1 tyres? clearly not so much by the sounds of your first post? (plus me being a noob I cant see any damage to the tyre...as they look in better condition than the invos? lol) ...I just did a google search and found the post by taleb tyres on these....$199 each is insanely cheap for 20's ?

I thought yokohama is supposed to be the sh!t....but maybe like every tyre manufacturer, there is the cheaper average tyres and the more expensive better tyres?

Thanks for the link! (I think I may have already read it before...its where I actually discovered UTQG/Treadwear lol....but maybe I have to re-read and some new info will appear to me) I have a feeling that its not as simple as low UTQG = more grip

Does your car try to slide out at 30-35kmph when turning right at a roundabout? Maybe its just a normal thing and I'm just being a b!tch lol

***Forgot to add that my car is stock! ... maybe I shouldn't be increasing power any time soon... I can handle it in the dry but in the wet I drop nuts lol

Edited by PTR_NITRO_FG

• Member For: 11y 1m 24d

Hey anyone know where I can take old car oil to recycle around midland area? I also have a big container full of a mix of coolant, oil and transmission fluid (I know it was dumb I just had no where to put it all and was in a rush) will they take that?

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 26d

Mine ends up at Coppin Rd tip in Mundaring :( They have a big hole you dump it in 20L per visit...but of course we have a tip pass due to living in the area.

• 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 29d

You local council tip will have an oil disposal facility. You should be able to dump the oil and containers for free.

Probably best to ring your local council and enquire.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 26d

Yeah it sure is. We get 2 trips a year or something.