WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Get It To Wheelspin Uncontrolably Then Give It Another 5 Pounds
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 13y 5m 8d

thought 35%/20% was always the case.... ive had that since my first XF ute back in '02... and when I got yellowed for tint on my F6 (had 17% on fronts, came with that when I bought it, yes, knew but looked awesome), I went in and had it changed for 32% (down to 30% will pass, told by pits) and 17% on rears and back (20% tint plus ford glass has a 3% in glass)..... .....

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 8m 27d

Iv got 18% on mine but was told by a mate that he has had two cars through pits with it just fine

Haven't been pulled over yet fingers crossed

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 4d

Pic was taken in Toodyay, stayed at The Limes which was pretty nice and reasonably priced to boot which was a win! Took as many photos of the car as I did of the missus and myself, oops.

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m

You know when something just feels wrong with your car but you can't seem to figure out exactly what?

I have a feeling XFT next week is going to be expensivee :( .....but hell worthit so I should quit my whining :P

• Will do skids for food
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 24d

Had Phil from Final Drive Engineering in O'Connor straighten my bent axle today. It was done by lunchtime and because it was that bad, he managed to straighten it without removing the wheel bearing so it was cheaper to do.

Only $165 wobble in/drive out.

I can't believe that price and a great guy too.

Three thumbs up for this supplier.

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 6d

Yet to hear a bad word about Phil, I used Very Expensive Engineering Mistakes a few years ago to shorten a driveshaft in my old Ute, they forgot to torque the bolts securing the centre cv joint to the rear shaft. I only found this out after finding one of the bolts laying on my driveway after a leisurely 100kph jaunt up the freeway.

• Member For: 11y 4m 3d

re the tint on the ute, its a commercial job. drivers and passengers to be 35%, the rest is open slather.

35% all round definitely WAS the legal requirement (front window excluded, obviously)

warranty checks delayed til Wednesday now.

seriously better have my car next Friday!

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 4d

Oh niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice Ralph ^^

You know when something just feels wrong with your car but you can't seem to figure out exactly what?

I have a feeling XFT next week is going to be expensivee :( .....but hell worthit so I should quit my whining :P

maybe you will have timing chain issues like I did. Tripled my bill for valve spring install so good luck! Ver glad it's done now as I got to flog the daylights out of her at Racewars and nothing popped - just a bit of the traction control light staying on, anyone know what that means off the top of their head? Tried engine off/on but it came back after a few minutes. A while later once the car had been parked for a while it stayed off, perhaps heat related.

Oh another question - water in petrol tank...gf was filling the car while I went to make a call, got fuel on the paint (I care little if I do this myself) and removed pump from filler neck, did not put cap on and watered the area. Almost certainly some water slipped past the filler flap, I don't know how much though. Water is heavier and will sit at the bottom from what I understand, and you get condensation naturally inside the tank all the time so hopefully no major issues going forward? Maybe time to get fuel tank flushed and cleaned, it's almost 200 thousand old now.

Edited by -SteveR-