WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Get It To Wheelspin Uncontrolably Then Give It Another 5 Pounds
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 13y 5m 7d

Stef is going... I would if my car was here.

:spotted: Green FG XR6T with black mags in Whitfords at 12ish.....

Also, any1 have a spare 1 20"x8" or 8.5" rim that clears brembos lying about?

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 3d

GF's birthday today, probably never see me at ANZAC drags!

Cheers Luke, if only my Internet worked and I could view it, hahaha.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 3d

Video finished buffering and just watched it, simple but interesting!

• Member For: 11y 4m 2d

got the car serviced by Dave at Precise automotive and suspension in Wangara (long time family friend, and f*cking top mechanic) yesterday.

told me to do the air filter and fuel filter, and replace the cutch fluid too (slave cylinder is inside the gear box, and as old fluid absorbs water and corrodes the seals, it will leak into the box, and that's bad) myself, as he basically done the log book stuff for me, knowing I'm not a complete mechanical numpty.

being the good bloke he is too, he confirmed on my invoice that my wiper motors are noisy, the diff is leaking, and the #diffbush is torn. also pointed out I have a small rear main seal leak, none of which he cleaned or sorted, so when I see ford on Tuesday it will be hard for them to argue against any of it. the one that stumped me though, he PH tested the coolant, and said the stuff is basically water. given my head got replaced <10,000kms and 5 months ago, the coolant should be brand new! theory is, they didn't drain the old stuff, and just replaced what was lost when the head came off, with water :(

also confirmed that this work should have been stamped into my log book, as it should have basically been noted as an interim service. I'll be chasing them up on the service report I never received to see if the lazy pricks even changed the oil.

be good to get all of the little niggly bits sorted out.

side note: where do the warranty clad cars go these days? not overly impressed with the mob in Wangara atm.

• Member For: 11y 4m 2d

while I'm in here, can any one tell me where the fuel filter is? can see the rail has line running down toward the main chassis, so guessing when I jack the side up ill be able to get to it somewhere bolted to the chassis?

ps, torx keys on the air filter lid? seriously ford....

• Get It To Wheelspin Uncontrolably Then Give It Another 5 Pounds
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 13y 5m 7d

http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/36921-fuel-filter-change-highly-recomended/

good read for fuel filter... its under the passenger door, inside the chassis rail.

btw, any one fee this weekend? I booked a day for ultra fast karts 6 months ago and couldn't go, booked for 7 ppl with $50 per person, so if anyone wants to come along and take advantage of $50 discount on karts for sunday let me know

• Will do skids for food
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 23d

Is that wanneroo Kyle ?

I'll be there Sunday flogging some sort of "V8 Supercar" around the track. No idea what sort of cars they are but I'm sure I can find the redline.

• Thooperrrrrrr
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 26d

Sounds awesome Kyle but got Ironman 3 gold class on Sunday :D

Sister taking me for my birthday with the tickets I bought her for Christmas... stingy beotch.

Have asked for money towards a toolkit for my bday, need some good tools for the work I'm doing so trying to get people to just donate a little bit of cash, then pay the majority of it myself.

I get told "buy them bit by bit or save up and buy a good set later on" but guys at work a bit stingy and tools are a bit lacking (people grab them, dont return them) so better off just getting my own pair.

Looking into SP tools and this is the kit I want:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SP-231-Piece-Combination-Tool-Kit-Chest-Box-And-Roller-Cab-SP50062-/190808987649?pt=AU_Hand_Tools&hash=item2c6d1a1801

So with any luck, people will help contribute to it :D (that goes for everyone on here as well, dont be shy!!)

Edited by Ciaran

• Thooperrrrrrr
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 26d