WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m

Might just mention that after reading a thread on AL where most people gave the new Shell V Power the thumbs up for power and economy, I'm trying it myself. Shell was a f*cking mob scene, had to wait 10 mins, and I forgot my goddamn coles docket to get 4c off as well!

had a 1/4 tank of BP98 left. Dean and others posted that the knock count on their cars has dropped, people are able to put more timing in, low rev torque is up...I tihnk mine felt better at low revs trundling up Toodyay rd hill in 5th in the 80 zone today. Fingers crossed this also give me more mileage and that Shell don't mess with the mix and cheapen it once we get hooked! Not everyone is getting the good results though, but most seem to.

Couple quotes

3 tanks in, gotten 70-100km extra per tank, not driving like a nanna.
Have been using for a week now went from 420kms/tank on BP Ulti to 543kms/tank that's f*cking insane have photos as proof for non-believers. Car Sounds/Feels better... I'm sold.
Im on the 2nd tank of V-Power and have all of the noticeable gains everyone else has mentioned. Have also managed approx 300km on 1/2 tank compared to ~220km using Ultimate98.
330kms, 55l = same sh*t mid 16L economy around town.

temps are cooler by up to 5 deg C so that's a plus.

Put 3/4 of a tank in last night at Shell Fremantle.

Noticeable difference.

Much more responsive down low, comes onto boost much nicer. Feels smoother up top also.

93km to 1/4 of tank - normally its about 65-70km.

Will see how it goes for the rest of the tank.

Edited by -SteveR-

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 17d

Yeah sounds interesting Steve. You can log your knock retard on your BF Steve, if you want to compare.

It's easy to do on the Jap cars with the Power FC and I'll give it a whirl on my bro's and see how it responds with a little tickle up to match!

Chuck an anti-lag linky up :-)

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 1m 3d

Theres no difference between bp 98 and v power. I used both when I lived in QLD and noticed nothing. Maybe its different once you get bigger injectors and a tune?

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m

Yeah I want to log knock sensors on my car, but was disorganised and didn't ask what to record before mixing fuels up in my tank. I'll be able to judge mileage though as I'm always watching it like a hawk.

http://www.antilag.com/forums/showthread.php?48123-Shell-to-launch-V-power-98-in-perth

I'm half expecting Shell to act like a drug dealer though, send out a batch of real pure stuff to get us all interested and then keep it like that long enough to get us hooked...before cutting it with rat sak to make more bucks hahaha.

BTW those using fuelwatch, you need to add coles express as well as shell to the list, at least the one near me is listed as coles express.

Also, http://www.shell.com.au/home/page/aus/products_services/on_the_road/shell_station_locator/app_fuel_finder.html

Edited by -SteveR-

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 11d

I started using it maybe 6 weeks ago when shell Warwick reopened and noticed a difference. Fuel economy seems to be about the same but im still on my first tank lol.

Is the shell 98 better or has BP98 gotten a bit worse??

I think it's #2! Still it's good value and easy enough to get 8c a litre off! Shell Warwick is also super convenient but when I drive past the lines are always massive.

Edited by Mat

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 7m 1d

has BP98 gotten a bit worse??

^ THIS!! One of the tunes I have for my car is more aggressive with boost and timing down low, used to always run BP98 until it started to rattle, I run Gull or U98 in it with no problems. Same tune,same car,same fuel....rattle rattle....Please explain Mr BP

On a side note, a mate of mine got a bad batch of G*LL Diesel down south. Bulk water contamination. Quote to replace fuel tank/line/injectors/pump 8k+ G*LL paid in full and offered a hire car No questions asked. Turn around time for the repairs was 8 days.

Pretty good service IMHO

• 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 3d

I have been putting Shell V Power in the runabout for the past 4 weeks. First two fills were not by choice because Shell replace 3/4 of the 95RON pumps with V Power pumps so got "conned" into paying an extra 5c per litre :dontknow:

Needless to say the extra is worth is because we are getting an extra 80-100kms per tank compared to Shell 95RON :spoton:

• Get It To Wheelspin Uncontrolably Then Give It Another 5 Pounds
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 13y 6m 3d

:spotted: Gonz's ute in XFT. Yet another XR6T that is gonna be faster than mine. Trip to Thiland next month has slowed me in upgrades