Quarter Mile Times Discussion

geea

• Site protagonist
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 7d

I've updated the 1/4 mile thread and will continue to do so. If you have a timeslip you'd like entered pm it to me. After you have done this post in THIS thread about your mods with a link to your slip.

The times thread is not for discussion. This could make it hard to keep track of new times and the mods of those cars. This thread is for that.

There are quite a few cars not on the list including the 2 quickest. As soon as I get slips I'll add these to the list aswell as all the others that PM me their slips.

I only hope that Adam and Spiro take their time that way I can be quickest for a little while. :gooff:

Geea. :gooff:

• Member For: 19y 10m 23d

just thought I would put my mods in here, not as impresive as Craigs, Adams ,or Spiko's, but that will come;

Exede, injectors, and pwr intercooler, which I have since sold(cooler) to make way for my next goal,

I have got the standed intercooler on at the moment, and I will see what I can get out of it on the 9th of this month (friday)

my best with standed intercooler is 12.3@112.5mph, and the 11.78 @ 114.25mph with the pwr cooler, but I will push the limit a bit further on friday with the standed cooler.

David

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 12d
I've updated the 1/4 mile thread and will continue to do so. If you have a timeslip you'd like entered pm it to me. After you have done this post in THIS thread about your mods with a link to your slip.

The times thread is not for discussion. This could make it hard to keep track of new times and the mods of those  cars. This thread is for that.

There are quite a few cars not on the list including the 2 quickest. As soon as I get slips I'll add these to the list aswell as all the others that PM me their slips.

I only hope that Adam and Spiro take their time that way I can be quickest for a little while. :spoton:

Geea. :nono:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not far off now Craig pushing for January test and tune Fingers Crossed!!

• Site protagonist
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 7d

I've added Liontamer to the list as well as Spiro and Adam. If Greg can get me a 60' time and if Spiro and Adam could get me there 60's ET's and MPH that would be great.

Geea. :blush:

• Next stage, to the Pub in 10 seconds
  • Member For: 19y 8m 6d
just thought I would put my mods in here, not as impresive as Craigs, Adams ,or Spiko's,  but that will come;

Exede, injectors, and pwr intercooler, which I have since sold(cooler) to make way for my next goal,

I have got the standed intercooler on at the moment, and I will see what I can get out of it on the 9th of this month (friday)

my best with standed intercooler is 12.3@112.5mph, and the 11.78 @ 114.25mph with the pwr cooler, but I will push the limit a bit further on friday with the standed cooler.

David

Cummon Dave, see if ya can pump out a 11.5 with the standard cooler. The car was only running 297.5 rwkw at the time. :blush: Keep us posted mate.

Rob...

MODS

* 968 Robert Bosh Injectors.

* Walbro 600hp fuel pump.

* 3 inch stainless dump pipe.

* 3 inch high flow cat.

* 3 inch stainless Herrod exhaust without centre muffler.

* CAPA Ford Edit Flasher.

* Transcooler.

* POD Air filter off the turbo.

* GFB Blow off valve

* Nizpro Valve springs upgrade.

* Thermostat.

* Re-gap spark plugs.

* 3000 stall converter.

* Worked auto with stronger parts.

* Hybrid Intercooler upgrade 500 x 300 x 76 & stainless cooler plumbing.

* Custom Plenum.

* Vortex high pressure fuel reg.

NOTE: The 11.56 @ 120mph was with the stock intercooler, stock plenum, stock plumbing and stock stall but tricked up.

Rob...

post-4957-1134002356_thumb.jpg

• Member For: 20y 3m 30d

PWR intercooler, valve springs, 968's, SMB 4"zorst, upsized and shortend intake piping, trans and engine oil coolers, bosch fuel pump,serge tank, edit, 315 rwkw, 11.94 @ 120.4 mph,60 foot 1.943, ( have not run it with edit yet but has a lot more balls down low) Thanks FIST :gooff:

• Member For: 19y 10m 23d
just thought I would put my mods in here, not as impresive as Craigs, Adams ,or Spiko's,  but that will come;

David

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cummon Dave, see if ya can pump out a 11.5 with the standard cooler. The car was only running 297.5 rwkw at the time. :pooh: Keep us posted mate.

Rob...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well Rob I was going to try and give your efort a touch up, but I failed.

I was going to try a bigger tune but I strugled to get traction with my small tune.

and it was a bit warm.

but I think I got some info that will help others get a good time.

I have got the car back to basicly stock except exede , injectors and a stall.

the car was running 10-11 psi,

and it ran a best of 12.2@ 110.34mph, in warm weather and bad traction,

this was with a 60ft of 1.8.

the car would have ran an 11 I feel, but because the traction was bad I could not give it every thing off the mark.

I had to run my car up to 5900 in third(auto) and sit it there to get the tyres sticky enough, then run through past the tree(light beams) to make a clean sticky track.

this caused a lot of heat soak, and by the end of the run it had pulled my boost down further.

but it shows any one that is running around 110 mph, that by setting your car up

you could have a very low 12 sec car.

the other thing it shows is if Rob had gave his car a run with his new stall, his record would have been around 11.1- 11.2 which is might quick for the little stock cooler,

I am a bit disapointed that I did not run a 11sec time, but we were told that they were going to prepare the track, so I was going to wind it up, but in the end I detunned it with the exede so it would hold traction.

but one good thing came out of it, and that was that my car ended up winning the quickest six cylinder, for the meet, every one else had traction problems to, and I just piped a twin turbo supra on the last run to take the trophy, and a ac cobra 429 took the v8 prize a head of a 671 supercharged xy, so it was a good night for the ford camp :pooh:

Better luck next time mate, 12.2 is still a great time! I'm thinking of running my car at Calder this Friday night with Craig and Dave, Not sure yet as its risky with the stock internals. Get a re-tune of my race map with new Optimax100 + octane boost this week which will give me 340rwkw's and might get me into the 10's?

Rob... :pooh: