simmo

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• ASHA - Anti Stooge Hunter Association
  • Member For: 20y 10m 8d
a three inch mandrel bend is the same as twin 2.25 standard system you would be wasting money. If you  are @ 300rwkws + then a exhaust change would be good to releaf back presure, then consider a 3.5inch mandrel bend system.. heaps more flow.

just my 2c

cheers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How can it be the same when you are changing the dynamics of how the gases flow. Single piple vs splitting the pipes up.

Have a look at the link I have posted, where you will see dyno sheets showing the increase in power when the system were changed.

Doesnt look like a waste of money going by those results.

Guest mercurysteve
  • Guests

I had a custom built 3" exhaust and had the car dyno'd before and then straight after, again a week later to see if the shock results were a one off.

Bottom line, my car went backwards. Lost 12rwkw on the standard system and it droaned like a biatch. Even with 2 hotdogs... :blush:

I sold it, put the stockie back on, removed the centre muffler and "ho flowed" the cat, picked up 15rwkw on the original setup. No 3" system for me. :laughing:

Hope this helps some, talking from experience. :stirthepot:

• Member For: 20y 8m 14d
other than aps / capa who has complete systems for sale?ive heard of an xforce system anyone have pics and/or prices of any other systems.

thanks

Id personally recomend just going to any exhaust shop and get them to make you up a 3inch mandrel bent exhaust. its not worth paying so much for "capa or aps" which are very overpriced considering all an exhaust is, is a hollow metal pipe. as long as its mandrel bent a "home made" one is just as good, and alot cheaper.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

have to disagree with you most of the cost is in the cat and the fact that it is full stainless steel including the rear muffler you only get what you pay for and the aps zorst is top quality

• Member For: 19y 1m 27d

Xforce is releasing a 4 inch system which includes dump pipe and hi-flow 4 inch cat, with the option of quad pipes out the back, like Dean's (XR6ISM) car; I think it was the development car.

I was told it will be much cheaper then the APS system and other on the market, should be available in early Jan 06, once it is released and pricing available then we can see if it is worth the upgrade.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 2m 19d
Xforce is releasing a 4 inch system which includes dump pipe and hi-flow 4 inch cat, with the option of quad pipes out the back, like Dean's (XR6ISM) car; I think it was the development car.

I was told it will be much cheaper then the APS system and other on the market, should be available in early Jan 06, once it is released and pricing available then we can see if it is worth the upgrade.

sounds good!!!

• Team Xtreme
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 11d

I used the factory system upto 500 rwhp just changed the cat and dump. I am in the middle of testing my new 4 inch system, should have dyno results within the week and a sound file. P.S the APS system at 1800 bucks is bloody cheap for the quality of the work. Considering there are some shops charging 1500 to 2500 for bloody press bent systems and ppl are paying it.

• ASHA - Anti Stooge Hunter Association
  • Member For: 20y 10m 8d

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeap Yeap, developed on mine and to be honest have not had one person say they dont like the sounds thus far. Everybody loves it (barring my mum who thinks it sounds like a tractor lol)

mercurysteve, something doesnt sound right there mate, as I went the opposite way, I gained power (as my dyno sheets show in the above link). Very Very strange.