Typhoon Paint Issues

F6 RAPID

• Member For: 18y 10m 17d

I had my front bar replaced after someone reversed into my car .. I got the Special paint additive (rubber stuff) to reduce the stone chips .. it hasnt made any differance at all ..

From what I have found out the bars on FPV range are made out of a different plastic to the rest of falcon range .. this is why the other bars can be plastic welded and the FPV ones can not because they are a plastic comp bar..

The panel show says beacuse the front bar is so flat it will chip easy as its gets full impact with the stone

I even hate the fact that the lights lenses are plastic mine have heaps of chips and I dont tailgate.. but when ya got to bash a 6 Ltr HSV its worth one or two :blush:

My car has done 20k now .. and the front grills, F6 badge and intercooler both have paint peeling off them .. so will be getting new ones next time I drop by when they replace the air box cover after some little tight ass apprentise decided that mine with the F6 badge looked better on his car when he was servicing my car ..

also my car is getting retinted for the 4th and last time before I go somewhere else..and I thik my 1st gear syn is stuffed as I cluncks and grinds into gear while going slow into lights

But still after all the sh*t .. I love my car and I wouldnt want to swap it at all .. I just wish I went out and brought it earlier..

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Formerly Turbo6
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 3m 17d
In addition to the spoiler, mine has two fairly large rough/unfinished patches of paint (roof/wing) which still feel crap after a long autoglym polish session.

Mine too.............. on the rear apron. :blush:

This ain't good news guys. Maybe getting it resprayed and then that Polaris plastic coating over the top??

• Formerly Turbo6
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 3m 17d
nothing as yet mate.. will let you know.. its ticked over 3000km now.. so far nothing to notice.. must be all those G's your pulling mate in that weapon!

:blush: I use the power for good...................... I try to get around things REAL quick so I don't receive anymore chips!

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m 5d

As Antisocial stated , I also had more stone chips on my Phoon in 2 months than I did in 2years in my T. Look at it side ways and the paint would just flake off :birthdaywish:

Front bar resprayed( not by Ford) , seems much better. Panel beater recommended a regular polish to build up protection.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 9m 28d
As Antisocial stated , I also had more stone chips on my Phoon in 2 months than I did in 2years in my T. Look at it side ways and the paint would just flake off :gooff:

Front bar resprayed( not by Ford) , seems much better. Panel beater recommended a regular polish to build up protection.

Great!

Something to look forward to. :nono:

• 12" member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 10m 1d

I dont find the FPV paint as bad as the 350z bumper, just thinking of a word with Z in it caused that mofo to chip...

one thing I have noticed on the F6 is the 'glitches' in the paint, almost look like runs that have then been buffed but leave a mark in the same shape as the run would have been..

this is after claybarring as well so its defo under the clearcoat..

• Member For: 18y 5m 6d
I think everyone has the same problems with the front spoilers as mine is crap and the others I’ve seen are the same.

Just Rang Ford and asked where the F@rk is my New BF and they said Finished but No front bars as they sent them all back due to quality issues with the paint jobs!!!! So it looks like its still a problem. :nod:  :msm:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

aha, no :tease: wonder my f6 taking so long, was supposed to have it last week to

• potty trained
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 30d

evidently there are some major issues with the FPV front and rear skirts ...

I hear that they are hanging on to the cars till it is resolved

not an issue with the XRs

also heard that all 05 plated FPVs should go out by the end of the calender year ..... 06? :spoton:

• I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :)
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 20d

The Lightning Strike one I looked at today looked ok. Better inspection required tomorrow......Hmm, This doesn't sound good. Can see myself going awf at 3-10mm chips very soon. Bad enough on the Phantom XR6, Mandy's actually holding up quite well in that department <touch wood>. Few have hit the front but very mimimal chips, has surprized me actually.

• Member For: 19y 3m 9d

ok, phoon owners. I work at a panel shop we do all the warranty work for the local ford dealer. if your bar has lots of stonechips take the car to your dealer and whinge. we have already done 2 GT,s and have a rapid typhoon coming in next week. Th e problen is NOT the type of plastic but the undercoat used. if you feel the undercoat under a chip it feels like teflon, hence the paint just flies off. the answer is to completely remove all the paint and undercoat until the bar is bare plastic. this is very labour intensive but the only way to ensure a good result.