What Fuel Do You Use?

What Fuel do you use?  

1,366 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Benzene
  • Member For: 19y 10m 15d
In have always used optimax,but lately I have used BP Ultimate and have found it to be better.I no what you meen about the black arse I am for ever cleaning that black shooty sh*t in optimax off my nice and shiny APS exhaust MmmmmmAPS exhaust :spoton: I get 10.8L/100

JET.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

atm im finding I get that black soot no matter what fuel, I've only done 1100kms though.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 5m 27d

I use Optimax and have tried each of the other 98 fuels and all have resulted in less power, BP was very noticable, then Caltex 98 and finally Mobile. It was tuned on Optimax so I have stuck with it.

Regards

M G

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 11m 16d

Jeez, I can't believe such a huge proportion of you guys use 98RON fuel exclusively - you must all be flush with $$ eh?!?! :eek:

It almost makes me feel guilty for putting regular ULP in mine occasionally! Almost. :laughing:

DBOSS, as for your 21.2 l/100km, holy phark, that reminds me why I didn't buy a V8!! :laughing::laughing: I do 95% city driving and thought mine was atrocious at about 13.8 l/100km!!

Edited by bugster70

• Flower Power
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 6m 8d
Jeez, I can't believe such a huge proportion of you guys use 98RON fuel exclusively - you must all be flush with $$ eh?!?!   :eek:

It almost makes me feel guilty for putting regular ULP in mine occasionally!  Almost.   :laughing:

DBOSS, as for your 21.2 l/100km, holy phark, that reminds me why I didn't buy a V8!!   :laughing:   :laughing:   I do 95% city driving and thought mine was atrocious at about 13.8 l/100km!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Get stuffed, I rarely get under 14L with 80% country driving....

My old T got between 18 & 22L with 90% city driving, on the track in both XRT's I get about 30L per 100kms

• What's happening?
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m 15d

Quick Q for those that have upgraded from a T to a Phoon. How much worse (if at all) is your fuel consumption? Is there a noticeable change?

• Weird Member
  • Member For: 21y 2m 16d
Quick Q for those that have upgraded from a T to a Phoon. How much worse (if at all) is your fuel consumption? Is there a noticeable change?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Trumpet I use about 1/2L per 100 more, which is supprising cause its sooooo much fun to drive. :laughing: and I thought I put the boot in much more often.

Before you ask around town I got about 12.5 from the XR6T and in the F6 I get about 13. But since new the rolling avg is still 12.4, because highway driving drops to about 10 with the 6 speed.

Did I say how much fun to drive it was....?

Although not today it is in getting an oil leak fixed and am driving an XT. It gets about 10.2 in the same situation where the F6 uses over 13. And I was thinking is it worth the extra cost (of fuel).

Which would be about an extra $3500 every 100,000ks......just for the extral fuel, which fortunaltely I don't pay for so the answer is yes.

But I think I would even be happy to spend my own money for that much fun. :laughing:

• Member For: 19y 5m 4d

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Trumpet I use about 1/2L per 100 more, which is supprising cause its sooooo much fun to drive. :laughing: and I thought I put the boot in much more often.

Before you ask around town I got about 12.5 from the XR6T and in the F6 I get about 13. But since new the rolling avg is still 12.4, because highway driving drops to about 10 with the 6 speed.

Did I say how much fun to drive it was....?

Although not today it is in getting an oil leak fixed and am driving an XT. It gets about 10.2 in the same situation where the F6 uses over 13. And I was thinking is it worth the extra cost (of fuel).

Which would be about an extra $3500 every 100,000ks......just for the extral fuel, which fortunaltely I don't pay for so the answer is yes.

But I think I would even be happy to spend my own money for that much fun. :laughing:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

City cycle in Canberra is effectively Freeway cycle in every other capital city :laughing:

• Weird Member
  • Member For: 21y 2m 16d

No what passes for city roads in most other citys....

Is called a parking lot in Canberra... :laughing:

And the temp in the morning is sub zero so plenty 'o boost.

Did I mention how much fun it is to drive an F6 here in Canberra? :laughing:

• Member For: 19y 1m 18d

I tend to use the plain old 91 Ron, before everyone shudders with disgust I have tried the higher octane fuels and got no more L/100K and got no more preformance... So I now just use the cheaper of the options, and know that I'll be selling the car in about 3 years time anyway...