F6 Exhaust

CountryPhoon

• Member For: 18y 10m 12d

Has anyone out there got tested ideas on a simple mod. for F6 exhaust..

Before my edit by Simon (ExtremeTune in Perth - on his visit to Sydney..), thought I'd remove the centre muffler - but Simon and the local muffler dude say the F6 sounds like sh*t with muffler removed and replaced by straight pipe...

Want a bit more aggression in her bark - without serious droning on cruise... So any (proven) ideas????

Thanks.

• F6+300+
  • Member For: 19y 5m 16d
Has anyone out there got tested ideas on a simple mod. for F6 exhaust.. 

Before my edit by Simon (ExtremeTune in Perth - on his visit to Sydney..),  thought I'd remove the centre muffler - but Simon and the local muffler dude say the F6 sounds like sh*t with muffler removed and replaced by straight pipe...

Want a bit more aggression in her bark - without serious droning on cruise...  So any (proven) ideas????

Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

before you do too much take a listen to an Edited F6 with no more than a LARGE Cat!!

It barks quite loud and sounds sweet :stirthepot:

Once Simon has cranked it upto @ 300rwkws it will sound heaps better ..Trust me!!!

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m 5d

I have an APS zorst ready to go on my Phoon , and have yet to see, hear of anything better for any BA 4.0lt Ford turbo with moderate mods IMHO. If you can afford it do it. :stirthepot:

BTW I am not a stooge :kissmy::tease:

• - Track Bound EVO III -
  • Member For: 19y 4m 8d

I reckon I'll throw F6Tornado in the back of my ute with a sound recorder......... Let you hear what a large cat & dump pipe does..

hehe.. I can see it now lmao..

• Faster than any BTA,XTC,Autotech, Nizpro and Tunehouse car
  • Member For: 20y 10m 1d
I have an APS zorst ready to go on my Phoon , and have yet to see, hear of anything better for any BA 4.0lt Ford turbo with moderate mods IMHO. If you can afford it do it. :spoton:

BTW I am not a stooge :spoton:  :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For quality yes but the best setup IMO is the single 4inch from turbo back to a hi flow 4inch custom cat to a dual 3inch over the diff to dual mufflers out either side of the rear bar :snack:post-1345-1123804181_thumb.jpgpost-1345-1123804252_thumb.jpg

• Wanabe mechanical engineer
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 7m 7d

You just need an exhaust that has the best flow rates.... Though it plays a small part still, the straw effect, that is so vitally important in a natural aspirated engine, has much less effect on a turbo engine. This is because the pressure pulses from each cylinder are lost through the turbine, so you get more of a constant flow of air through the exhaust rather than a pulse affect...

This simply means you want an exhaust with as little backpressure as possible from the turbo back, but you want to have the most killer extractors possible going into the turbine.

• - Track Bound EVO III -
  • Member For: 19y 4m 8d

It depends on how much you want to spend.

Do you want to replace the exhaust at ~$2700

Do you want to 'weld in a cat' at ~$700

Do you want to bolt in a replacement section for ~$1500

I saw the value in the bolt in replacement. I can take it out when the lease is up, then sell it. Even if it's only for 1/3 the price, It still only cost me $1000. $300 more than the cat only option and a better exhaust while I Have it.. Not as good as a full APS I'm sure, but do I 'need' an APS exhaust.. no..

You can buy the whole exhaust for $2700, then sell that later aswell. I don't know what they go for used??

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 4m 14d

I'm going for the SMB 4inch dump pipe and cat and will have it installed within the next week. Plan to mate that up to a custom 4inch to twin 2.5inch section and then into twin resonators to replace the centre muffler. Total cost is about $1600.00 fitted and will enable me to replace this with the full standard system if/when I need to. Reports on the SMB dump/cat combo are very good, so I guess time and a re-tune will tell.