Renew My Faith

curious

• Member For: 20y 5m 14d

Fellow brothers and sisters I love this car and the peformance behind it. I defected after many years of the mighty lion to purchase ths vehicle.

30,000k's later I am dogged by problem after problem. 3 times in three weeks in the shop. Ford back up is woeful.

The vehicle has rattles and clunks like a 10 year old car which is shameful when driving in carparks.

Turbo surge, stalling at 100km's and hour, diff clunk, power steering rattles and moans. Cracked panels, headlight falling a part, throttle body gone, throttle sensor gone.

Now when I down shift in 2nd an almighty bang and she pops out of gear. 3 times today.

I am so close to throwing a match under it and returning to an R8.

Please cure this anger...........plus the bloody I key on my keyboard crapped its self too, where is the serenity. :censored:

• Member For: 19y 5m 23d
Fellow brothers and sisters I love this car and the peformance behind it. I defected after many years of the mighty lion to purchase ths vehicle.

30,000k's later I am dogged by problem after problem. 3 times in three weeks in the shop. Ford back up is woeful.

The vehicle has rattles and clunks like a 10 year old car which is shameful when driving in carparks.

Turbo surge, stalling at 100km's and hour, diff clunk, power steering rattles and moans. Cracked panels, headlight falling a part, throttle body gone, throttle sensor gone.

Now when I down shift in 2nd an almighty bang and she pops out of gear. 3 times today.

Please cure this anger...........plus the bloody I key on my keyboard crapped its self too, where is the serenity.    :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds like another totally satisfied ford owner.

:nono:

• Great rack
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 22d

Please cure this anger...........plus the bloody I key on my keyboard crapped its self too, where is the serenity.    :blink:

Sounds like you'd be better off with the 'ol Lion then

• Member For: 18y 9m 10d

What does one say, my Ford's have always been bloody fantastic, my 2004 XR8 is bloody fantastic.

I can't explain why you are having such a bad run?

Was she brand new or second hand?

Dealers monkeys not fixing things is not brand specific, all brand dealers monkeys stuff everything they touch, the cars always come back with something new wrong they have stuffed up! I hate letting the monkeys have my car.

I hope you can get some headway and start to enjoy her.

• Firm Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 15d

Where abouts are you located Curious?

l think the only thing that will save you from defecting is asking around for the most reputable dealer and working through the issues with them. If you were in Melbourne l would tell you to goto Strapp Ford, l found them to be the most genuinely concerned when l had issues.

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 28d

Curious, nice to see you back around these parts again :hag: Albeit for the wrong , but common reason........ :msm: Ford Service :k24t:

I trust that the land of Beaches( b**ches ??) and TTs , you are residing in Gods own country.... Nth Queensland ( be a bloody Fluke if it was :hag: ), maybe some of the locals cruising here can steer you in the right direction in terms of dealers

• Member For: 18y 11m 17d

Dear unhappy FORD person.

I am in the same boat, moved from Expensive Daewoo to the XR6 T. I love the car but the problems have been going on and on.

I just cracked the sh_t at them this week at the dealer and hopefully it may solve it...but this is what I have done.

2 weeks ago I scheduled it to go in for another attempt for them to fix the ongoing problems up. I asked for a replacement vehicle at the same time.

When I dropped the car in last Monday this week, I asked at the same time for;

1. a print out of all my service records for the car cause I am Fu__ed off.

2. they asked when do I want to collect my car...my response was NEVER, not unless they have fixed all the problems.

3. I also said if it is not resolved I am taking all my documentation and woes to the media.

It is now Saturday, I am still driving their car, they have only rang me once to say they have not fixed it and are still working on it and will call me it is done.

I will ring them on Monday (a week later) to see if it is ready....but I am not collecting it unless it is fully fixed.

If they say it is and it is not then I will ask for money back or a new one (which they won't) ...then I will make a complete dick of myself on talk back radio at the 5pm drive home shows so erveryone knows what a bunch of Fu witts jeffreson ford are (sth melbourne).

Then....I have no idea what to do ?

So I will tell you if this startegy works.....you can only try.

Cheers & best of luck

RAY

:spoton:

• Member For: 21y 6m 5d

Please cure this anger...........plus the bloody I key on my keyboard crapped its self too, where is the serenity.    :spoton:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you want quality, buy a japanese car. Try lexus, or the new Honda Accord. Expensive Daewoo is just as bad, if not worse then Ford.

• Member For: 20y 5m 14d

Unfortunately I live in the Far North where there is only one dealer and for this very reason the lack of competion makes for poor service.

As for a Japanese car...I would love to but the fact of being 6 foot 6 puts a dampener on things. Aussie cars are the only ones big enough without going to trucks or 4x4's.

I love my car and its performance but being purchased brand new and less than a year old and having dramas is totally unacceptable in this day and age.

Their are so many threads on this but I needed to vent my anger the other day and there is no better way than with people who know how I feel .

I have seen an individual turbo company and we are going to map it to see if we can pick up the faults.

I heard a rumour that another member from here did the same and they could not pick the fault and now he is driving a brand new car.