How Long Did You Wait?

Shockwave-T

• Member For: 18y 9m 30d

I placed an order for an XR6T earlier this month - 6 spd, no options except premium sound. I was told that delivery would be sometime in September, but after chatting with a friend who works at Ford, I was told that sometimes cars are built within a couple of weeks. I also spoke to another XR6T owner who told me that he waited almost 6 months for his.

So I was just curious how long you guys had to wait for yours. Is the 3 months I was originally quoted typical?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TEAM BA
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 4m 17d
I placed an order for an XR6T earlier this month - 6 spd, no options except premium sound. I was told that delivery would be sometime in September, but after chatting with a friend who works at Ford, I was told that sometimes cars are built within a couple of weeks. I also spoke to another XR6T owner who told me that he waited almost 6 months for his.

So I was just curious how long you guys had to wait for yours. Is the 3 months I was originally quoted typical?

7 weeks including roughly a 10 day delay for the sunroof... I think those who waited for more then 3 months were when they first came out

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 2m 11d

13 weeks as I was the first order for the Luxury pack and the Territory had just been released. They stopped XR production to stock up on the terries

• Just because it is, doesn't mean it should be.....
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y 7m 13d

9 weeks with a few factory options eg prem sound sunroof,

2 - 3 months is about the norm!

plenty to read until drive day

:spoton:

• TEAM BA
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 4m 17d
I'm sooo impatient!!

tell us when you finish reading all the old threads... then you know you have about a week to go :spoton:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 10m 1d

I just ordered my own XR6T with lux interior and sunroof, I was told 4-6 weeks but by the sounds of it I wont see my car for a long time after that :spoton: I want my car :spit:

• Member For: 19y 1m 1d

Gees - I ordered my car - and to my surprise the salesman said that it was landing in NZ the same day! It took almost three weeks from that time to get trucked from Auckland down to Wellington and get sorted out - and I thought that was a long time!

I would go insane waiting any longer!

PS = they gave me Focus, Fiesta, Mondeos to drive around in until my car arrived as well - including all the petrol!

I was pretty rapped with that!