Us F1 Gp

eatV8

• Artificially Aspirated
  • Member For: 20y 3m 14d

I can not believe the bloody FIA :hrmm:

I know the crowd was pissed off, I would be too. However that is no excuse for throwing :pooh: onto the track where it could of injured or killed the 6 drivers on track which I might add had nothing to do with the situation.

There was several ideas thrown around that would of seen a race happen for the fans but the FIA wouldn't budge.

I'm lost for words... This sucks... This isn't F1!

FIA :hrmm:

one more thing... Why in the hell after all these years of running the US GP with the banked turns is Michelin having problems? I know they changed the tyres for this season, but tyres are always being improved and changed. Michelin caused the whole problem this weekend, it is just the :spoton: FIA handled it so bad! :hrmm:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Best Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 3m 15d

Yeah, I stayed up and watched it. What a joke. Hopefully the FIA will pull their finger out and start to take a bit of notice of the teams now.

For those of you that have no idea what we're on about, Michelin took the wrong tyres to the US and basically said that these tyres were unsafe to use on the Indy circuit. As a result, the 14 cars using Michelin tyres pulled into the pits after the warm up lap, leaving the 6 Bridgestone cars to race!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 2m 23d

Michelin flew over a new batch of tyres to use in the race which would of been ok... but the FIA and one other team did not agree to it :spoton:

what a fricken joke..... bad choice by the FIA

• Artificially Aspirated
Michelin flew over a new batch of tyres to use in the race which would of been ok... but the FIA and one other team did not agree to it :spoton:

what a fricken joke.....  bad choice by the FIA

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There was no reports of any team not wanting them to use the new tyres over here. It was all FIA. I am persuming "the other team" would be Ferrari? If it is Ferrari was one of the teams who tried to get this race sorted out and even suggested the new tyres be used and Michelin runners lose their qualifying positions etc. Michelin and the M. teams liked that idea but FIA said no.

• Donating Members

There was no reports of any team not wanting them to use the new tyres over here. It was all FIA. I am persuming "the other team" would be Ferrari? If it is Ferrari was one of the teams who tried to get this race sorted out and even suggested the new tyres be used and Michelin runners lose their qualifying positions etc. Michelin and the M. teams liked that idea but FIA said no.

It doesn t say who the other team was... ferrari agreed to install a chicane "appareantly" but the FIA said no... this would of allowed the race to go on.

New tyres were flown in but the idea was knocked back... not supported by FIA.... the tyres were there ready to go... and the race could of gone ahead.

Now, I bet if ferrari was the team that had the michelins, The The tyre swap would of been more then fine... ferrari has too much influence over the sport IMO.

I am a huge F1 fan... havent missed a race for as long as I can remember... This has to be one of FIA's biggest mistakes. Risking losing the American market. How stupid :hrmm:

• Artificially Aspirated

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It doesn t say who the other team was... ferrari agreed to install a chicane "appareantly" but the FIA said no... this would of allowed the race to go on.

New tyres were flown in but the idea was knocked back... not supported by FIA.... the tyres were there ready to go... and the race could of gone ahead.

Now, I bet if ferrari was the team that had the michelins, The The tyre swap would of been more then fine... ferrari has too much influence over the sport IMO.

I am a huge F1 fan... havent missed a race for as long as I can remember... This has to be one of FIA's biggest mistakes. Risking losing the American market. How stupid :hrmm:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ferrari have had tyre problems the whole season. One of the main reasons they were so slow. I didnt see the FIA let them change a tyre design to suit them. They just had to keep improving on the current tyre rule.

Ferrari agreed to every proposed resonable solution. It was the final decision by the FIA every time that stopped it.

The FIA didnt say no the the chicane, they said if it is installed it would not be a official F1 weekend and no points would be scored. that's why no chicane happened because that would disatvantage the teams on Bridgestone who come prepared.

This is not the end of it I am sure. There will be fines, lawsuits, points taken away as penilty etc...

What a mess.

• Artificially Aspirated

I am sure the team(s) opposed to the chicane once FIA said no points if it is placed... However, that is understandible.

• Donating Members

Ferrari have had tyre problems the whole season. One of the main reasons they were so slow. I didnt see the FIA let them change a tyre design to suit them. They just had to keep improving on the current tire rule.

Ferrari agreed to every proposed resonable solution. It was the final decision by the FIA every time that stopped it.

The FIA didnt say no the the chicane, they said if it is installed it would not be a official F1 weekend and no points would be scored. that's why no chicane happened because that would disatvantage the teams on Bridgestone who come prepared.

This is not the end of it I am sure. There will be fines, lawsuits, points taken away as penilty etc...

What a mess.

here is a quote from the joint official statement from the michelin runners

"

Every possibility for the race to go ahead in a safe manner was explored. The only practical solution was for a chicane to be installed prior to Turn 13 and nine of the teams were prepared to run under these conditions even forgoing championship points or by allowing non-Michelin teams to take top positions on the grid.

Unfortunately all proposals were rejected by the FIA."

This meant that bridgestone runners could of kept their points (FIA :hrmm: )

here is a quote for the tyres... now no1 was asking for a tyre design or pattern change.

"The FIA had also refused to bend any rules to allow the seven Michelin supplied teams to switch to tyres newly arrived from France after those used in practice and qualifying here were deemed unsafe for the race by the manufacturer."

no redesign or pattern change was ever in the equation... tyres were the same... jsut a new batch

and I still stand by my comment that Ferrari have too much influence in the sport

you are correct... the is not the end of it... there will be sanctions against boycotting teams etc... if so the FIA are evenmore stupid...

• Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 22d

Haven't missed a GP since 1978 and nearly bought tears when I turned the telly off after 10 laps :hrmm:

The FIA bought this on themselves with this :spoton: stupid new tyre rule,are tehy gonna wait till someone slams into a wall and kills themselves before changing it :hrmm: