Xr6 Turbo Vs Skylines

muzza420

Guest mercurysteve
  • Guests

Good stuff fellas, I love reading the various opinions :spoton:

I'll say this though, my stock auto T felt quicker than my 215rwkw modded Monaro (which I traded, yes traded on the T). Maybe it's just the way the poswer is delivered I guess.

Regarding the original post, the GTR is simply awesome :fool: , so awesome that we are back to a realistic comparo, I.e. the T Vs LS1's. :fool:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 1m 27d
From what I see geea, CORRUPT is only a second faster than you with:

Full chassis, 4 link rear, Nos etc etc.....

Apples wid apples people.

A T is just that a fast Aussie sports sedan.

Oh by the way, latest Motor just arrived in my Letterbox, Phoon V Clubbie, they say the Phoon's roll on acceleration in gear just makes the Clubbie look asthmatic, the Clubbie gets a .15 or so jump of the line and the Phoon just cant reel it back in.

Good reading.

makes the clubbis look asthmatic but it cant reel it back in?? or is that meant to say can reel it back in?? The way I read it is of the line the clubbie will hose it, but on a rolling start the phoon will hose it, am I reading it correctly??

• Member For: 20y 9m 10d
From what I see geea, CORRUPT is only a second faster than you with:

Full chassis, 4 link rear, Nos etc etc.....

Apples wid apples people.

A T is just that a fast Aussie sports sedan.

Oh by the way, latest Motor just arrived in my Letterbox, Phoon V Clubbie, they say the Phoon's roll on acceleration in gear just makes the Clubbie look asthmatic, the Clubbie gets a .15 or so jump of the line and the Phoon just cant reel it back in.

Good reading.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

makes the clubbis look asthmatic but it cant reel it back in?? or is that meant to say can reel it back in?? The way I read it is of the line the clubbie will hose it, but on a rolling start the phoon will hose it, am I reading it correctly??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd say the phoon with excess midrange will wallop the LS2 in gear, but as for geting off the line, the LS2 ownes it and the electronically limited top end prevents the phoon from catching it. Just what we all expected really.

That means I should be able to catch a LS2 with an extra 30rwkw LOL!

As for wallaping LS1s, I do that all the time in my heavy arse ute! Hardest one to date was a well driven VYII, but I still had more in 3rd and pulled away. That was when I had 195rwkw.

• Member For: 19y 2m 10d

I had a very interesting run yesterday with a Skyline GTR, which was maybe 3-4 years old. It was all riced up both inside and out and we both thought we'd give it whirl at the lights. Interestingly, at the same time an AUIII XR6 ute pulled up at the lights as well on my left side, which I thought nothing off.

Anyway, lights go green, I've mashed the pedal and the Skyline is struggling for traction and sliding all over the place. I've pulled about a car length in front and by then the race was well and truly over so I eased off the pedal (doing about 130 in an 80 zone). However, the biggest surprise was that the AU ute also beat him as well. So, at the next set of lights, the Skyline boy didn't even try, however, the Ute boy was up for another run.

This time the Ute dumps the clutch, tyres screeching, trying to keep pace and within 30-40m I already had half a car length on him, when I thought why bother? Just goes to show that it sometimes doesn't matter how much power the car has got, if the setup isn't right, you are going to get beat by Ford taxi...

Gee, I love the T.....and its stock.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 1m 27d
I have run a few gts skylines and been successfull on all runs

Go the XRT

I havent been done by a skyline yet.. but in my xr6t ute I got blown by an old mitsubishi lancer thingo... It looked like a bucket of sh1t but went like theres no tomorrow... I took it on the chin and gave the guy a wave :fool:

• Member For: 20y 3m 10d

had a run with a gtir little sh1tbox. F*#K it went hard still chopped him though. The two lebs driving pulled up beside me and said I wanna get 1 of them bro. He didnt believe it was stock. He drove away ashamed though thought he really had a chance.

• Member For: 19y 4m 25d

For those who haven't seen a GTR in decent shape run. Here's a clip.

At least you can see what you'll be up against. The GTR was lightly modded. Take note of the launch. And the mustang rocks! I certainly wouldn't want to take on a GTR that dumps the clutch at 7000revs.

http://gtr.ferni.net/vids/mustang.wmv

• Member For: 20y 8m 27d
I had a very interesting run yesterday with a Skyline GTR.
I've mashed the pedal and the Skyline is struggling for traction and sliding all over the place.

Obviously wasn't a GTR then...