Centre Muffler Removal

geea

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 21d

If you had a hollow cat it most probably would be overboosting. However if the cat has collapsedit could be the reason your car doesn't want to rev.

Either way it will need replacing unless you want to get the car custom tuned.

• Member For: 17y 6m 11d

But if the cat was stuffed, it would have been stuffed before I removed the central muffler, and it used to rev fine then.

I will be replacing the exhaust shortly anyway, but in the meantime, I want to still enjoy driving the T!

Will reset the ECU by disconnecting the battery and let it learn again. See what happens.

• 2 weeks later...
  • ride the lightning
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 5m 18d

if you remove the centre muffler do you have to flash tune the car?my car has standard tune aftermarket cooler

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 17y 18d
howd u get it done mannn every place ive been they like can't remove centre muffler itll be too loud blah blah

Someone will do it.

What loaction you in. Someone here will be in the same area and tell you where they got theirs done.

Cheers

JR

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 10m

got quoted $187 to do this to my FG..Said sounded bit more exspensive that what other have paid to get this done and guy reckoned it was that because they use stainless to do it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 6m 14d

Twin 3' stainless steel cat back exhaust, thoughts? Im not looking to go mega with the exhaust but I know someone in the industry n I can get that done for $1100 fitted..

Good choice?

• Member For: 15y 8m 19d

I replaced everything from the cat back with single 3 inch stainless, resonator and junbl muffler and the difference is awesome gone from a big vacuum cleaner to a tough sounding car. there is a little drone but was told this would settle as the carbon builds up. wasn't chasing performance just a reasonable note but managed to grabb a few kw's but did managed to grabb a noticeable gain in the middle and response very slightly improved

post-16233-1221837479_thumb.jpg