Centre Muffler Removal

geea

• Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 1m 27d

This is what my service manager told me:

If you affect the way the air enters the motor (like I did when I put my XR8 assembly on), or the way the air leaves the motor, warranty will not be honoured.

But he also said it has a lot to do with the attitude of the car owner.

Obviously there will be different stories all over the country, but that is what mine said.......

I know what your saying ms, I asked my service advisor about the centre muff story when the zoom mag came out ( showed him the mag) he said no warranty - next breath warranty, at least he looked in to it I spose.

Guest DEVO
  • Guests

I was always informed that warranty was affected if the component you altered had a direct effect on the component/s that failed. Obviously, what we need to ask is rather than "is my warranty void?" is something like, if my engine spits a piston, is it covered if the fault was a bad crank or something.... even though I have no centre muffler.

• Member For: 20y 8m 6d

Hi All

Had the same conversation with a service advisor at my local Ford dealership yesterday... B) (Titan Ford in Sydney)

I was told that removal of the centre muffler would cancel the warranty... He even went on to say that fitting hotdogs to get around ADR compliance would still void your warranty. :(

But they are also a Herrod dealer, and he was really pushing the after-market Herrod exhaust, which (he claimed) doesn't blow your warranty...

He was suggesting the Herrod V8 stainless system for use on my T - said that he'd already sold/fitted one, with a big improvement in exhaust note and slight increase in performance.

Quoted about $1800 fitted...

Guest ante
  • Guests
Hi All

Had the same conversation with a service advisor at my local Ford dealership yesterday... B) (Titan Ford in Sydney)

I was told that removal of the centre muffler would cancel the warranty... He even went on to say that fitting hotdogs to get around ADR compliance would still void your warranty. :(

But they are also a Herrod dealer, and he was really pushing the after-market Herrod exhaust, which (he claimed) doesn't blow your warranty...

He was suggesting the Herrod V8 stainless system for use on my T - said that he'd already sold/fitted one, with a big improvement in exhaust note and slight increase in performance.

Quoted about $1800 fitted...

I had some experiance with Titans. I took my falcon there to point out the play in the steering rack, only to be told its within factory spec which really boiled my blood as I know this was not possible what pissed me off more was a guy that said he had 25 years experiance to back his theory, the funny thing was Ive heard this same line used with other customers that were not happy with there service. Anyway after causing a scene the principal come out and said, My car was fitted with XR8 rims not the XR6 wheels that's why the steering rack was worn. It did not stop there, I also had a small leak in the sump this was never pointed out to me I found it after doing the oil change my self. The under side of the car was covered with oil, looked like 50 years worth. In the end I told this mob where to go only after getting a refund on the fuel injection cleaner & engine flush fluid which I did not ask for. The steering rack was replaced by fury ford in the end. As for Titans maybe they could fix matchbox toys.

• 4 weeks later...
  • It's All In Your Mind
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 5m

:angry:. :thumbsup: I took out the centre mufler and the car turned into a dog, lost half a second from 0-100 and nearly 1 sec ond over the 400metres.

Have a unichip,stage one, drilled airbox and K&N filter. Used to get 0-100 in 4.63 & 400 metres, best, 13.23.

Now I'm very disappointed and man what a drone.

I'm going to try a three inch from the cat to where the system splits into 2x2 and a quarter and fit a couple of 9 inch hotdogs on Monday 3rd nov. Hope this brings back the midrange and the quiet.

Leave well enough alone I reckon

• Site protagonist
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 10m 17d
:angry:. :beerchug: I took out the centre mufler and the car turned into a dog, lost half a second from 0-100 and nearly 1 sec ond over the 400metres.

Have a unichip,stage one, drilled airbox and K&N filter. Used to get 0-100 in 4.63 & 400 metres, best, 13.23.

Bullsh*t. :blink: That car with that configuration is not cabable of 0-100 in 4.63. :thumbsup:

• Team - Anti Rice Blueprint Member # 1
  • Member For: 20y 7m 2d

Ante & TwinXRs - Titans tried to sell me the Herrod cat back system (from the XR8) for $1500 fitted. Not value in my opinion.

Yeah, I need to have words about the fuel injector cleaner etc