Centre Muffler Removal

geea

• Site protagonist
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 10m 17d

On Friday I had a piece made to replace my centre muffler. I now have the choice of centre muffler or straight through twin pipes. All that is needed to change between the 2 is to undo 6 bolts. The new twin pipes looks factory and as has been said before the sound is great. The new pipes cost $150.00 fitted and it took about 90mins to have them custom made.

For those interested in having this done I highly recommend Mike Curtin and his team of experienced exhaust people at FASTFIT in Frankston, Victoria.

Fastfit

15 Wells Rd.

Seaford 3198

Ph. 0397868888

Here is a link to the photo album with before and after shots as well as shots of the new exhaust piece being made. I hope this information is of use to anyone that is interested in this modification.

Link Removed No Longer Works.

• Site protagonist
  • Lifetime Members

Immediately after having it done and driving away from the exhaust shop I did notice that the exhaust "seemed" to drone a little bit. I drove the family from Frankston to Calder and back to East Malvern, well over a 100km trip and neither the wife or kids complained about any drone. On the way home from the drags (Calder to East Malvern) it was like it hadn't been changed. There is a noticable burble on hard acceleration and on start up it has a great sound but I dont believe that there is any detremental drone. :thumbsup:

Regarding the power figures I had a dyno run at the Melbourne dyno day and got 200.9 RWKW. Since then I have added a second cold air intake, BMC panel filter and had the center muffler removed. I hope to be able to go back to the same dyno place (forget the name) and get an indication of any KW improvements. I have the capability to put the car back to standard (by replacing the center muffler, standard airfilter and taping up 2nd air intake), so if it isnt too expensive I would be able to give before and after rwkw figures for each mod and the mods as a total. I am not sure when or if this will happen though. :thumbsup:

• Site protagonist
  • Lifetime Members

2nd cold air walk through

Above is a link to how I did mine, after doing this coupled with a BMC panel filter I noticed a difference in car performance. I haven't got any dyno figures for it though so unsure exactly what the difference was.

Do I think its worth getting done? Definately!!!

Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

geea I got the same done but had two hot dogs put in as well so plonky cant say nothing, it means Ive got one muff more than I need to pass ADR s. What did you think when they first started it? I thought, o no bit loud , but that was just the idle up, once that went fine

• Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 1m 26d

Vik, would you consider your new system to "drone"?

Do you think you will be able to live with the new modification everywhere? ie on highway, aorund town, surbubia etc?

I thought about putting the two hotdogs in as well to keep the feds off my back...... but only if it increases performance over the standard system.

• Site protagonist
  • Lifetime Members

Mike said I could be the first to start it after it was installed and the new note is awesome, I'm very happy. :D

ms700 what state are you in? If your in Melbourne I'll gladly meet you somewhere convienient for us both so you can have a look and listen. :huh:

• Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 1m 26d

geea im the ACT! he he.

If you dont mind, id like to have a look and listen at the Ford Tour, that's if you are bringing your T along. I am making the trek down to Geelong, I would really like to listen to the car and decide for sure!

Thanks champ! :thumbsup:

• Site protagonist
  • Lifetime Members

I look forward to showing you on the tour. It will be great to meet all the interstate "T" owners. :thumbsup: