Centre Muffler Removal

geea

• Member For: 15y 7m 24d

Well I definitely don't want my G6ET sounding anything slightly resembling any sort of race car, jeez that would be shocking...

marcthelegend thankyou for the videos they were a good indicator of what it sounds like from the drivers point of view...

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 9m 7d

Just had the centre muffler taken out in my fg and replaced with a single straight thru pipe.

Loving the sound, well worth the $100.

Only downside is that my fg is auto, however it sounds horn in "manual mode" with crackling on the downshift.

Also makes the "fart noise" on WOT gear changes sound more like a loud cracking!

• Team Octane
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 3m 28d

I had the Center muffler removed from the FG last weekend as well. The note it makes upon starting like has been said is quite raspy and at WOT is pretty damn good too. But I don't really like the note when I'm just cruising around town or accelerating lightly etc. Sort of has the sound of an N/A falcon or Late model camira that has an exhaust you can fit your head up... Maybe if it was a manual it would be better. See how it goes after a few weeks of carbon build up though. There's no drone that I can detect as others have also mentioned either.

• Team Octane
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 3m 28d

Yeah, but what can you do :crybaby:

I've been looking around for a cat back system that'll bolt up to the stock dump and cat, which I can then later upgrade to the full system and get the rest of the gear thrown on with a tune in one hit.

Still haven't found many, so any suggestions would be appreciated. Cheers

• Member For: 13y 1m 7d

Had the centre muffler removed a few days ago by Mettam's Mufflers in Kelmscott, did a pretty good job, sounds wicked, makes driving my car actually enjoyable, $100 bloody well spent, It's got a nice low rumble on idle but also awesome hitting second gear coming down from third when slowing down, orgasmd

• Member For: 13y 1m 7d

I had the mod done to my Ba xr6t in an effort to create a louder note, I think it's the best 100 bucks I've spent on the car, mines an auto and the noise it makes cruising around town at low revs is deeper and ballsier than my previous N/A falcons with full exhaust and extractors, only other thing that might make it that bit better is to hear the turbo from a bigger dump pipe??

• Member For: 17y 18d

is it just me or does marcthelegend's zorst sound like it already has a note to it in the stock clip?

mine doesnt sound like that at all and its stock :dontknow:

I did notice this too, not too sure why it has a bit of a note to it, was previously an ex-cop car .. something they have done? though I do doubt that, this exhaust has 70000 k's on it .. perhaps the centre muffler was already dying? though I did find a clip with a similar sound on youtube, uploaded said his was stock too.. though no-one believed him lol

Heres the vid.

Cheers

Marc

Edited by marcthelegend