Xr6t Insurance

jEtONiT

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 5m 17d

wanting to get a xr6t as a first car, but wondering whether I can get insurance as a P plater.. does anyone (who is a p plater) have insurance on a t, or know if its legal to drive?? would be second driver under insurance..

thanks

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mal
  • Guests

I'm with Suncorp and they won't cover anyone under 25yo driving my car.. many of the big insurers have the same policy from what I've read.. you might find one around that will do it but you'll be paying for it bigtime.

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 30d

When I got my T I was under 25 and was endorsed as a driver of the vehicle – other than that no one else under 25 could drive it except for “members of the automotive trade for repair or servicing”. That was with AAMI and the only reason they did it was because I had an existing policy, but others on this forum are well under 25 and had no trouble getting it through the likes of Shannon’s or Just Cars.

But you may have to sell a kidney or two in order to pay the premium!

Trent.

• Member For: 20y 7d

I was 20 when I got my T. Im now 21. Shannons were the only people that would insure me. When I was 20 it was about $4200/year. Now im 21 its about $3000/year. So if you are on your P's, and you find someone that will insure you, I think they shaft you hard.

Sux hey...

• Donating Members
I was 20 when I got my T. Im now 21. Shannons were the only people that would insure me. When I was 20 it was about $4200/year. Now im 21 its about $3000/year. So if you are on your P's, and you find someone that will insure you, I think they shaft you hard.

Sux hey...

that's alot of gravy mate.. id pretty much be paying double for the car by the time I'm 25. I guess I have to look around for a cheap price.

• Member For: 19y 11m 7d

I was 21/22years old when I had my xr6t and I was insured through Ford Insure and I think it was only $1800 roughly from what I remember. And I think NRMA also can insure you cause its a factory standard car with no engine mods done to it.

Hopefully soon ill have another xr6t worst mistake ever selling that car :crybaby:

Jen

• Donating Members
I was 21/22years old when I had my xr6t and I was insured through Ford Insure and I think it was only $1800 roughly from what I remember. And I think NRMA also can insure you cause its a  factory standard car with no engine mods done to it.

Hopefully soon ill have another xr6t worst mistake ever selling that car :stirthepot:

Jen

might be the way to go.. thanks.

p.s pay a visit to the ford dealer :stirthepot:

Edited by jetmir

• Long Member
  • Member For: 19y 2m 7d

I'm 19 with my T, but mine are as follows:

Compulsory Third Party:- $331.48

Comprehensive Insurance:- $996.00

All yearly, mine is leased under my name however, so I guess that effects it, so if you can, look at leasing :) The leasing company I'm with allows modifications etc, but it wouldn't be available to you unfortunately.