Clunking Noise In Left Rear Of Car

Guest EnviXR6T

• Member For: 14y 8m 22d

Weird. I have a knocking noise coming from rear left in my fgt. Not long had coilovers put thru it and now got this noise. But as I have played it has to b related. Need a hoist is my issue. It's annoying though, slow car park speeds I hear it and also at 50 60 or so over bumps but it's not as bad as slow speeds. Very annoying. I had pat at wholesale suspension put a rattle gun on everything in the rear but no good. Getting worse argh.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 4m 9d

I had a clunk, tuned out to be the tow bar rattling around.

but theres still another clunking noise when going over sharp bumps like somethings tapping the back of my car

and the creek when going around a corner at slow speed every now and again. does my head in :bangcomputer:

• 4 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Member For: 10y 3m 13d
On Wednesday, May 25, 2011 at 4:56 AM, jonn said:

I had a clunk, tuned out to be the tow bar rattling around.

but theres still another clunking noise when going over sharp bumps like somethings tapping the back of my car

and the creek when going around a corner at slow speed every now and again. does my head in :bangcomputer:

I have just started to hear this in my MKII FG. Any quick bump in the road and sometimes if I am turning right from stationary out of an intersection for example. The sound is as if I have something in the boot that gets a bit airbourne and slams back down on the floor. The boot is empty just to make that clear lol.

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1d

I've tried to solve a clunk in the EL for the past 12 years. Over that time shocks and all bushes replaced.

Totally different rear end to FG of course, but most places I've been to laugh and advise me that being clunk-free and owning Falcons are inconsistent life objectives ☺️

• Like 3

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 11m 5d

You know, I've always thought it could be the wheel hub not sitting snugly on the axle...because when my brakes are applied and I'm going over the same bumps it sort of muffles the clunks out a bit...

It wouldn't have been my first guess...but when Ford has dropped the cradle numerous times and changed all these linkages, and even replaced the shock and the problem persists...you start to clutch at straws...lol

• 9 months later...
  • Member For: 7y 1m 10d

I know this is a long time from the original post on this topic but had the exact same clunking noise in a BA XR6 and now have a 2014 FG XR6  same clunking noise , took literally years to find it in the BA  believe it or not it WILL  be the  REAR CONTROL BLADE BUSHES  . The original Ford ones are sh*t , replace the whole blade and bush with Super Pro products and your noise will instantly go , FG with 55000 k's same problem , Ford said nothings wrong , replaced them , noise gone , don't waste your time chasing anything else . From BA to now FG all the arse ends are the same . Every one heads for the diff bush and unless the car has had hell flogged out of it , it won't be that bush .

• Like 1

• Member For: 9y 4m 23d

My brothers fg had this noise & his turned out to be one of the metal lines under the rear that ran through or close to the L suspension arm. Something like that anyway, but they told him that they just reshaped this tube a little & put a split piece of rubber hose over it that was held with a zip-tie as an insulator & the left turning noise went away.

Now if MR Ford Service could only fix the other Gremlins that is in it he would be happy.