Yahooooo!

DCVIN

• Member For: 19y 7d

Thanks for all that Panda.. just tried to do a search but it has some error.. will try again later.

I did mean inputs as in visual input cause the tv tuner has video and audio outputs so you would need inputs to view them.

Do you know what rating the deck is? just to see what is the max speaker I can put in there.. no point getting a really good set but the deck cant run them.

• Team HgAg
  • Member For: 19y 5m 19d

Congrats on the purchase DCVIN, You will be able to come on our next cruise to show us all :spoton:

For CAI better off doing the homemade $35 Job or spend a a little more and get a typhoon or xr8 snorkel. Works great for me :pinch:

Air Filter .. Weather you get BMC or K&N.. All the same and does a better job than stock.. You can get a filter for $130

Cant help with other stuff, just got stocky ICC :pinch:

Once again nice purchase. Love the color.. almost as good as a HgAg :pinch:

:pics: would be nice

cikas

• Member For: 19y 5m 27d

Congrats on the getting the XR6T.

For your exhaust, have a chat to the guys at D&T Performance in Wangara. They did mine and it sounds fantastic!!!

• Benzene
  • Member For: 19y 10m 21d
Congrats on the getting the XR6T.

For your exhaust, have a chat to the guys at D&T Performance in Wangara. They did mine and it sounds fantastic!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What kind of system does D&T do??

• Member For: 19y 7d

No worries dcai2 I will go get a quote from them for sure!!!

cikas yes pics are comming soon... I want to clean it up first and get the windscreen fixed! Got a wedding on today so probably take some snaps tomorrow or monday! I will do some research about that CAI.. didnt like the idea of speding 500 bucks on a piece of plastic!!!!

I see your from Rockingham.. I actually brought it off a guy down in Secret Harbour.. was a nice drive back home to perth lol... except for the speed limits on the so called FWY!!! I love my radar dector!!! that was the first mod :)

• Benzene
  • Member For: 19y 10m 21d
No worries dcai2 I will go get a quote from them for sure!!!

cikas yes pics are comming soon... I want to clean it up first and get the windscreen fixed! Got a wedding on today so probably take some snaps tomorrow or monday! I will do some research about that CAI.. didnt like the idea of speding 500 bucks on a piece of plastic!!!!

I see your from Rockingham.. I actually brought it off a guy down in Secret Harbour.. was a nice drive back home to perth lol... except for the speed limits on the so called FWY!!! I love my radar dector!!! that was the first mod :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It wouldnt happen to be Michael and Maria's wedding??

• Member For: 20y 12d

If you're trying to install a DVD player, it is possible to watch a movie on your ICC screen (only if you have Premium Audio). Here's some information (on another Forum) - Ford Forums

Do you know what rating the deck is? just to see what is the max speaker I can put in there.. no point getting a really good set but the deck cant run them.
If you're planning on amplifing them later on, go for 300W or something like that, otherwise, 150W should do it.
So are all the speakers including the sub run off the deck??
All of the mid-range speakers (the 5x7's) run off the deck, the sub runs of the amp (assuming you are talking about Premium Audio)

Panda

• Member For: 18y 11m 10d

I didn't think the standard speakers were to bad. be careful when upgrading speakers, some higher end ones can sound fairly tinny without an amp, I had some competition pioneer 6x9's which had massive bass thru an amp but when getting 52 watts from my head unit they were crap, I got better bass from some $89 sony xplod 6x9s. also I've been looking at getting an xr6t myself and did a lot of research on ways to get a better sound system. the people I spoke to said that since the ford head unit doesn't have a pre-amp out or something, theres no way of getting the signal before it's been through the head units built in amp. so apparently you have got to de-amplify the sound, then clean it up, then put it through a bigger amp and on to your speakers. there is one type of amp that can handle a high power input but I was told not to get it for some reason I can't remember why.

if you have the premium sound system I think it does have the rca inputs (put there for the optional gps) or something, I've seen pics of some falcons where they have got a dvd player hooked up to the head units display, apparently they're a very high quality display.

I think the best solution is to get a second head unit. I've seen pics of falcons that have a second cd player installed underneath the first, they cigarette lighter has been removed and the cd player installed in front of the gear stick. apparently they look ok there, then you will have no problems in hooking up new speakers, amplifier and subs

also I've asked around and NO ONE will modify the original head unit for you. aparently they are just WAY TOO TOUCHY. ie. if you turn it upside down the colour screen is permanently destroyed