Vic Spotted & Chat Thread

geea

• Seriously Flukey Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 28d
I think we should also organise a day at Heathcote later on when the days are colder. I think it's better than calder for a group meeting because:

1. the layout is better suited to it.

2. it's on a sunday and during the day, so more chance of people being able to make it.

3. you can get more runs in because there's less cars there.

4. you can have passengers... just ask Dean what's it like as a passenger in Craig's car.

Any interest from anyone in getting something like this happening?

Well there's one next month isn't there :laughing:

True, and I will be there.

• 4 months later...
  • Member For: 20y 10m 11d

Does anyone still go to Friday night drags at Calder Park? I want to take my brother to check it out, would be good to see some of the members doing some runs.....

Cheers,

Michael.

• 3 months later...
  • Member For: 18y 2m 15d

I'd hate to rub it in but is there any interest in organising a xr6t melbourne cruise? I know I've seen a few more getting around not to mention my ride on the streets. Could organise something for the upcomming motor show or F1 brigade :laughing:\m/

• Like 1

• Seriously Flukey Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 28d
I'd hate to rub it in but is there any interest in organising a xr6t melbourne cruise? I know I've seen a few more getting around not to mention my ride on the streets. Could organise something for the upcomming motor show or F1 brigade :msm:  \m/

Rob, aka Mr Turbo runs cruises every month for Fords in general, not just BA's.

The Vic crew havent been all that active of late, not really sure why :blush:

Good idea though :laughing:

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 8m 13d

Phevor, I'm interested.

I was thinking a good one would be to the Grampians National Park and doing a circuit of the Wonderland Table (walking to the Pinnicle) taking in Zumpsteins (seeing kangaroos) and MacKenzie Falls (ferny waterfall). It'll be a long trip, like the Wilsons Prom one. A good 3-4 hrs there. Maybe 3 hours seeing the sights (includes driving and walking). And another 3-5 hours back (depending on where we stop off for dinner). Anyone interested in doing that? Leave Melbourne at 9am (at a meeting place to be decided). Buy lunch on the way there whereever we are at about 12pm. And look for a pub to have dinner at on the way home whereever we are about 6pm.

Mods, what the rules about suggesting going on a cruise to a particular place? Also, are there rules that we need to adhere to regarding liability and so on?

Here's a link to the Grampians National Park info.

http://www.parkweb.vic.gov.au/1park_display.cfm?park=109

• Playing with Sports Bikes...
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 5m 20d

I'm keen for an XR6T cruise...

What a sight that would be out on the street!

Register your interest here... I suppose

Jack :laughing:

• Next stage, to the Pub in 10 seconds
  • Member For: 19y 8m 5d

Im a member of another 3 Ford clubs which I run there Vic cruises with great success. I put up the same cruise details every month here but only get 4-5 cars from this site! Dont know why? maybe the T boys dont like going on cruises? I dont care what the reason is, but I love them and its a great way to meet new members/people and have a awesome day!

The Grampians is a great idea Gary, but it may be a little to far away just on one day. A weekend cruise there might be a better option.

Rob...

• Member For: 18y 2m 15d

Will have to keep an eye out for the the next cruise then as I'm eagar to get some local VICs all reved up. Cheers for info flukeyluke!

Mr Turbo: Any further thoughts towards a T cruise? I'm able help out and organise things?

EvilDaifu: The Grampians sounds like a great idea - not sure how they'd be after recent fires but nun the less, still a great location over my thoughts along the 'Great Ocean Road' or heading up to the 'Dandenongs'.

When would be a good time frame to organise something well in advance of course? A weekend is more prefferable for me (I think for most people). With the influx of tourism over the next couple of months, I reckon something in this time frame would be great... \m/