Vic Spotted & Chat Thread

geea

• Member For: 7y 11m 21d
13 hours ago, biddie_fiddler said:

Looks like we've settled on the pan pacific as our place to bed wrestle

I was going to suggest the pan pacific, as I stayed there a couple of times when I went to concerts next door at the plenary, although it was a Hilton then....

It was a few years ago, but it was excellent and a really good central location with lots of bars within staggering distance....

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 18d

Its got very good reviews and seems like its in a great location :) 

Glad someone can vouch for that haha

Pan Pacific 3 nights incl breakfast, virgin flights departing and returning. Just a hair under 2.5k 

Damn travelling got expensive!

Price drops if we fly jetstar, but I've heard nothing but issues for the past year or so with that airline so I'd rather not take the risk

• 3 months later...
  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 6d

Prices vary a lot depending on where you go and which beer you buy and which size of cup... Pots of tap beer will be a lot cheaper. If you want cheap though, buy 24 from a bottle-o haha. 

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 18d

We're at the general assembly, south wharf. Maybe it's just this side of the river 🤷‍♂️

Bloody nice area though. We've had an awesome arvo walking around, did 20k steps this arvo looking around!

@k31th have you been to that connection thingo at the Melbourne exhibition centre? $50pp is a bit hectic but heard it's pretty good? 

• Like 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 6d

Yeah, if you're buying alcohol at a venue in the city that doesn't exclusively sell alcohol, it's not going to be what you'd consider cheap haha.

Nah, I haven't been to the thing that's on at the exhibition centre right now, but I'm sure it's be interesting enough for value in that ticket price. Plenty of other things you can do if you don't want to pay $50ea.