Vic Spotted & Chat Thread

geea

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 4d

Has Henz brothers N/A been tuned on e85 yet ? he might be able to shed some light on if its worth it or not on a N/A

It picked up about 25 over the whole rev range.

A stock BA was in there same day and made 130...

It's also giving rewards like LPG, ie 14-15L/ 100km @ under $1L compared to 12-13 @ $1.60+

Edited by Henz
  • Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 15d

Sorry I know wrong section but I spotted SER??? on the Geelong freeway today. Nice blue FG with the DRL lights in it. Thought they would look like sh*t from the pictures but now I really like them. Anyone from here?

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 14d

Why does everybody think they "get their points" back at the end of a suspension... that has never been correct.

Here's how it works, for those who still believe they "get them back"... Any demerit point incurred infringement causes you to have those demerit points on your record for 36 months FROM the date of infringement, irrelevant of any and all suspensions or anything else that you might get during the 36 month time frame. Any demerit point you get during a 36 month interval counts as an additional point(s) on top of the original ones you receive. For those of us with a full license (suspended or otherwise :sungum: ), that means that we can safely accrue 12 points in any 36 month interval (counts from the first relevant demerit point occurring date within 36 months prior to the most current infringement) without losing the license, but once over 12 is lost, then a 3 month suspension applies (or the option to go for "double or nothing", I can explain this in detail too). For P-Platers, it is limited by both 12 points in 36 months and ALSO 5 points in 12 months (works in the same fashion as above, just shorter time frame).

In short, the ONLY way you "get points back" is when you go 36 months in between infringements. (that's when those originally incurred demerits get re-added to the "available" stock).

Edited by k31th
  • Like 3

• Turboless
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 1m 28d

Well explain how I have 3pts against my name when I lost my licence last year and the fine was 6 alone?? I should be well over 12 if your theory was correct..

I think I read over the demerit point system about a dozen times when I lost mine, as well as asking vicroads..

Edited by Shyfrd

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 14d

What exact dates were your infringements and what points for each infringement. That'll tell you all you need to know.

Edit: That'll have to be ALL of your previous infringements in the past 36 months (from the date you found out you had "3 remaining"), to accurately calculate the points you have accumulated.

I'm speaking from accurate knowledge of the system, mostly by experiencing it myself :)

Edited by k31th
  • Like 1

• CNUTOX
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 3m 18d

Once you have served your time you get all your points back bar any that pushed you over the 12. This comes from experience and court dealings. If you have 12 points and get a 3 pointer and take a 3 month break you will get 12 back and have 3 left over.

• Like 2

• Turboless
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 1m 28d

I have 3 points against my name man..and my last offence being 8th April 2011 which I'm fairly certain was the night I got done lol..yeh that's a Friday so it must be.

And in the past 36months I've had....gunna stop there because ENVY-T just explained it

Thanks man :) and that's exactly what happened to me. After my 6pts went on top of what I had (9), I was just 1pt away (15 all up) from losing it for another month (lose your licence after 12pts and 1 additional point every 4pts over 12)