Vic Spotted & Chat Thread

geea

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 9d

Get a spool rebuild kit for 2 k and save what you can from the old motor bugger 2nd hand to expensive and no real warranty do it right the first time if you plan on going further

A spool rebuild kit, hmmm. Another option, let's call that number 5.

Keith what Ivan said, unless chasing massive power stick with a FG short. $3000 at the local ford dealer you cannot go wrong. If you jump on EBay there is a wrecker selling a complete motor for $5k, it's a FG motor with 40000ks, based in Campbellfield.

FG short is the 2nd cheapest option (cheapest that is an upgrade)... but considerably cheaper than a built motor. Ebay could be the go... but I'm leaning towards re-drawing the loan to get the cash required for a built motor.

If the oil pump gears failed, your oil light should have been on before any noises started, for damage to happen in the top end then you would have been driving it for a while with the light on.

Didn't get any oil pressure light, but also noticed at one stage after a semi-serious leak developed (loose turbo return line), down to less than 3L in the engine for about 1km, and no oil pressure light at that time at all... could have indicated a failing oil pressure solenoid/senderFitted a oil-pressure gauge after that.. no nose-dive on that one at all. Might have been a slower failure of the pump gears... either way, its cactus :)

Keith start up a new thread ;)

Work out how big is your budget as you have all the options to choose from.

Ebay has a few motors availbale now in BF FG F6 range.

The ball is in your court just a thought I'd post a few that I have seen on there recently in my watch list.

http://www.ebay.com....=item3cc8581af6

http://www.ebay.com....=item3f1946273c

http://www.ebay.com....=item231f04d46d

http://www.ebay.com....=item3a763333c7

A thread you say... have never done such a thing on this forum... about the failure or about the build? or all of it including what I've posted here in greater detail?

All of those links are not the best options, price wise. But thanks for looking anyway.

• Like 2

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 30d

About all. From the start.

• Member For: 16y 2m 20d

How is it known that the oil pump is cactus Keith? Not saying its not,but like Ratter said if it failed and that was what was causing the noises (no oil pressure) the light should of come on.. Faulty sender maybe,but extremely rare on these cars.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 28d

My name is Keith. I am a raging homosexual.

No matter what I say after this post, this is not someone else.

That's really good spelling and grammar there stranger, I remember someone else making an effort with their spelling and grammar. Even mentioned it a couple of times.

• Member For: 12y 2m 26d

That's really good spelling and grammar there stranger, I remember someone else making an effort with their spelling and grammar. Even mentioned it a couple of times.

If you are refering to me Paulie, it wasn't. Lol.

• Turboless
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 1m 23d

For those of you not on facebook..or the ones that don't bother letting us know if you're going or not lol..

Tony has this months monthly meet on Friday...the 13th.. :o :fie::blink:

Anyway, it's going to be at Pancake Parlour Dandenong at 7:30pm. May go for a bit of a drive afterwards depending on weather. It's over most of your guys side of Melbourne so come down for the meet/social catch up. Tony will need numbers by tomorrow night to book a table :spoton:

Been yonks since I've been to Pancake Parlour lol..been looking forward to this for awhile..

• Like 2

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 9d

My name is Keith. I am a raging homosexual.

No matter what I say after this post, this is not someone else.

This was the tall raging homosexual named Tom Charizard Brooks, add him to Facebook and check out his homosexuality.

Crazy attempt at legitimacy by saying "this is not someone else"... epic fail... he's not going to be happy with my retaliatory tactics.

ebxmple, the pump itself my not be cactus, but the gears are for sure.

Wouldn't surprise me if I stuffed the oil pressure sender when I tee'd into the line to run my oil pressure gauge.

Edited by k31th

• Turboless
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 1m 23d

Spamming the same posts staino..25%

Anyone with pokemon names in their facebook name is *beep* as fck lol

• Like 2