Vibration Under Load

Adrian6T

• T.P.I.S.
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 4m 13d

Does anyone else had this problem when accelerating.

I have just had a new tailshaft put in and Ford said that its all good now, (The centre bearing had collapsed) and I am still getting vibration when accelerating especially when there are four people in the car.

Please someone help because the car has been back and forward so many times to Ford and they still cant get it right.

Could possibly be the axles.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• T.P.I.S.
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 4m 13d

Thanks for that Blown BA but I called them and the reason they changed the shaft and not the bearing itself is because it is apparently "too hard to balance" so they get one premade from factory.

Cheers

• In Your Face
  • Member For: 21y 1m 7d
Thanks for that Blown BA but I called them and the reason they changed the shaft and not the bearing itself is because it is apparently "too hard to balance" so they get one premade from factory.

Cheers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Get them to balance it and tell them it's never hard to balance.........they say that because they can't be stuffed with it. l don't know if you have a Hardy & Spicer there in WA, best to ring them up and have a talk to them.

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 28d

make sure that the Chimps at the dealership actually have a tailshaft balancing tool , as a year or so ago not all had one and they were being rotated around.

If the problem persists check your wheel balances as these can be sh*t from the factory, if you then still have issues your CV joints are probably on the way out and if the problem is left unresolved for too long you may be requiring a tow truck :spit:

and ... trust me the sight of your T being hauled up onto the trayback is not a pleasent feeling :blink:

• Big Gun
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 6m 6d

I have this issue, but for some reason it's only after I've given it a blast e. overtaking at 80-110 then approaching a hill with a bit more throttle, it vibrates a bit. But then goes away shortly after. Standing starts don't seem to effect it at all.