Ford Credit And Hire Purchase

BLK6T

• Member For: 19y 6m 4d

Hi guys

How does Ford Credit go about the early termination of a hire purchase??? I am looking at upgrading soon and am looking at finance companies to go through. I didnt use Ford Credit on the ute beacuse I found a great deal else where. This will be my first Hire Purchase. I need to know incase I want to terminate early...if I use Ford Credit.

• Team HgAg
  • Member For: 19y 5m 14d

Hey man

My advice from experience. Dont go Ford Credit...

From the Ford Contract.

EARLY PAYMENT FEE, payable of $750.00 reducing on a pro rata basis for each month of the term of the loan which has expired, if the borrower repays or substantialy repays the Loan contract before the final payment date.

I paid mine off 3 years early and still got slugged with $200 fee..

But at least I saved there intrest

When I bough my T the offered me an intrest rate of 16%.. I told them ill take the T but not the 16% .

Hope that helps

cik

:spit:

• Member For: 19y 6m 4d
Hey man

My advice from experience. Dont go Ford Credit...

From the Ford Contract.

EARLY PAYMENT FEE, payable of $750.00 reducing on a pro rata basis for each month of the term of the loan which has expired, if the borrower repays or substantialy repays the Loan  contract before the final payment date.

I paid mine off 3 years early and still got slugged with $200 fee..

But at least I saved there intrest

When I bough my T the offered me an intrest rate of 16%.. I told them ill take the T but not the 16% .

Hope that helps

cik

:spit:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks mate, I have heard this before but want some more input. :o

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 2m 18d

I have used ford credit for my T and am not paying anywhere near 16% :ermm: ... is a lot less.... divide that figure by two and your close :blink:

I have just traded my ute for a sedan and will take delivery early next week :glad: .. I have again used ford credit.... The early termination fee is waived if you use them for your next car also... Hope this info helps :blink:

• Member For: 20y 5m 7d

You can push your dealer for a better rate from Ford credit. The dealer and salesman get a cut so if you can get them to reduce by 1% or so its not bad finance.

I was also told if you leave a small amount on your account until it reaches full term you will avoid early payout fees.

• Benzene
  • Member For: 19y 10m 16d
I have used ford credit for my T and am not paying anywhere near 16% :gooff: ... is a lot less.... divide that figure by two and your close :spoton:

I have just traded my ute  for a sedan and will take delivery early next week :sick: .. I have again used ford credit.... The early termination fee is waived if you use them for your next car also... Hope this info helps :sick:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is there any other fee's incured if you do this? Im looking to trading my ute in on a typhoon or xr6t, I just want to transfer the debt and pay the difference??

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 2m 18d
I have used ford credit for my T and am not paying anywhere near 16% :sick: ... is a lot less.... divide that figure by two and your close :spoton:

I have just traded my ute  for a sedan and will take delivery early next week :gooff: .. I have again used ford credit.... The early termination fee is waived if you use them for your next car also... Hope this info helps :sick:

Is there any other fee's incured if you do this? Im looking to trading my ute in on a typhoon or xr6t, I just want to transfer the debt and pay the difference??

no, no other fees... I just got the trade, paid the difference myself and got finance on the new car.... no fees and the early termination fee is waived :sick:

• Member For: 20y 4d

Hi

I use ford credit - 6.85% over 5 yrs no residual. No early termination fee if I use ford credit again and guaranteed trade equal to (or greater than) payout fee if upgraded in the first four years. Hope this helps