Anthony Mundine

turb06

• The Bionic Man - half man-half titanium
  • Member For: 20y 11m 19d
Yep.  He belongs back in Rugby League with all the other F*Wits

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:spit: Because you dont like the game there F*wits! good on ya :o

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I actually quite like the game. I just think the NRL has a higher proportion of F*wits than any other sector of society. Despite the constant media focus there are always some players or an entire team doing something stupid that brings the entire game into disrepute.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think a lot of us were League followers of sorts BEFORE the whole Super League debacle came around.

The thing with League now is you have a bunch of uneducated F**wits who get paid lots of money to believe in their own hype.

Matt Rogers himself said that there is no way he can behave within Rugby circles as he could within League because the Rugby players are a lot more disciplined, are generally much better educated or working other jobs and their behaviour is a lot more self regulated.

League back in the old days had some fantastic players who also had second jobs as garbo's, carpenters, brickies etc.

Their work was also their fitness. Getting out on the turps meant you were going to be crook at work/miss work etc and therfore miss income.

Mundine is obviously an athlete. Rogers is also an athlete, and therefore people such as those blokes have the fitness/stamina/hand-eye coordination to excel in all sorts of different sports/codes.

Crankers such as Mundine/Willy 'ADHD' Mason/Hopoate etc are ideally suited to League. In my mind there is no doubt that the game has been absolutely destroyed, it will struggle to maintain an existence without Channel 9 and it is the province of uneducated, undisciplined troglodytes and apart from the players, the management of the Code and the individual clubs are just as responsible for the games bad image.

Really, why should Hopoate have EVER been given another chance to play league after his "Crouching Tiger Hidden Finger" episode.

Mundine would fit right back in with League!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Faster than any BTA,XTC,Autotech, Nizpro and Tunehouse car
  • Member For: 20y 9m 6d
Matt Rogers himself said that there is no way he can behave within Rugby circles as he could within League because the Rugby players are a lot more disciplined, are generally much better educated or working other jobs and their behaviour is a lot more self regulated.

League back in the old days had some fantastic players who also had second jobs as garbo's, carpenters, brickies etc.

Are you for real this is Matt Rogers the so called christian boy who has just left his wife because he got caught out rooting around and was involved in a pub brawl which he belted a aussie supporter in england

Sorry Plonkster but you've spoken like a true Rah Rah man and personally I dont think and old time footy player would cut it in today's game that's why there paid higher and dont need to get a job as they are PROFESSIONAL players to be a garbo and play footy in any code is old school and the game can and is better for it

CYA JEFF :ermm:

• Member For: 20y 4m 26d

He was always a fool but after his commnets on September 11 he needs a good flogging and im sure some of the boys are itching to get their hands on him when he dawns a jersey again. Aslong as my beloved cowboys dont touch him. He wants the attention and he will get it.

• FG Falcon fan!
  • Member For: 20y 8m 22d

Some of you blokes are way off.

My main gripe with rugby union is the requirements:

a) must know which type of wine to consume when dining on red meat vs fish;

b) must know how to tie a Windsor and half Windsor tie knot;

c) parents must be lawyers, doctors or dentists.

Now until those rules are dropped then the rah rahs wont attract quite the numbers that the league boffins do.

As for AFL...umm...I simply dont quite comprehend the display so I'd better not comment. :blink:

• Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666
  • Member For: 21y 1m 2d
Too scared to front Danny Green, that's why he is gonna move on thank god the Broncos told him to go and jump...

jeff

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I bet they are regretting letting Carl Webb go.

Dazza.

• Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666
  • Member For: 21y 1m 2d
Yep.  He belongs back in Rugby League with all the other F*Wits

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:blink: Because you dont like the game there F*wits! good on ya :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I actually quite like the game. I just think the NRL has a higher proportion of F*wits than any other sector of society. Despite the constant media focus there are always some players or an entire team doing something stupid that brings the entire game into disrepute.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Take those overpaid underworked pretty boys from Canterbury out of the comp and there goes all the bad publicity with it.

Dazza

• In Your Face
  • Member For: 21y 19d
The man as he calls himself should be a man and shut his big mouth and f%%k off.

He is not even a fraction of a man his father was.

Ian

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well said :blink:

• The Bionic Man - half man-half titanium
  • Member For: 20y 11m 19d
Some of you blokes are way off.

My main gripe with rugby union is the requirements:

a) must know which type of wine to consume when dining on red meat vs fish;

b) must know how to tie a Windsor and half Windsor tie knot;

c) parents must be lawyers, doctors or dentists.

Now until those rules are dropped then the rah rahs wont attract quite the numbers that the league boffins do.

As for AFL...umm...I simply dont quite comprehend the display so I'd better not comment.  :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank God !!

I now realise that those important things I learnt playing Rugby (cab-sav for beef, Half Windsor knots with a lounge suit and I know parents who are Drs, Lawyers, Graziers etc) helped my when packing down as a second row.

Seriously, I played for over 25 yrs, both at school and after when I was working. I think that is a myth perpetuated by the fact that Rugby is the traditional game played at GPS schools.

I also rowed whilst at school as well and there are Govt schools that also row (Nepean High for example)

The make-up of players is considerably varied. When I played for the Parramatta Two Blues there were guys from all walks of life.

When I was playing for Orange City alot of the guys were unemployed or had blue collar jobs. Made no difference to any of us. Even out West it was quite noticeable that all of the hooldums, druggies and layabouts played League becaus they were attracted to the 'outlaw' image that some of the crankers in the Sydney teams would portray.

League may be 'Professional' but the behaviour of the players and Clubs is very Amateur.

It is purely the behaviour of the players and the arrogance of the Clubs as wel as the whole Super League fiasco that has turned me off the game completely.

Guys such as Stirling, Mortimer, Brentnall, Pearce, Price etc may not make it in todays game but at least they represented an era when the game was something to look forward to and respect.

Mundine belongs back in the modern game because he epitomises the attitude of a lot of the players and Clubs.

• Seriously Flukey Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7d
After what is it? 3 years or so, more (not sure) there is no way an ex AFL player would be able to cut it in todays game, no chance in hell. The game is too fast, hits pretty hard and is always changing tactically. Whereas (only my opinion) in NRL, he'll do well and I think it highlights the vast differences in the games athletic abilities/requirements. :blink: You don't need much grey stuff above the shoulders nor do you need to be "super fit" to play the game of League.

That said, go on and flame me now you buggers! 

:spit::blink:

• Poison Fish. Poison Fish. TASTY FISH!!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 13d
Seriously, I played for over 25 yrs, both at school and after when I was working.  I think that is a myth perpetuated by the fact that Rugby is the traditional game played at GPS schools. 

I also rowed whilst at school as well and there are Govt schools that also row (Nepean High for example)

It is purely the behaviour of the players and the arrogance of the Clubs as wel as the whole Super League fiasco that has turned me off the game completely.

True about the image of rugby being a GPS sport. Having said that, I also played in our Seniors 15 and got into a mild brawl at a round robin day. Being tight head prop didn't improve my luck either...Headbutting, Rabbit Punches all the time in the scrums. Coathangers and throwing guys out of the ruck...and that was just our team :blink:

As for rowing. If you look at the top schools at Combined High and the top schools for the past 6 years have been South Grafton and now Maclean High Schools :blink: Me alma mata.

Superleague turned me off league too, especially the way they treated the foundation teams. Lost all it's heritage. No more St George, Easts, Norths and booting South's out. Took the heritage and the soul out of the game....

Lumpy :spit: