Issues With Rpm Surging

69FPV

• Member For: 19y 2m 28d

Issues with rpm surging

I have got 968 equivalent injectors, xede, walbro fuel pump, valve springs and cold air and although Im seriously loving the power now :spoton: , when coming up to lights or just popping it into neutral and rolling, I get a surge in the rpm which gets bigger and bigger until it sometimes eventually stalls… Anyone else out there experienced these issues? Or know how to get rid of it? Also even when starting it sometimes it has a ruff idle…

The above only happens sometimes, but it is really starting to :spoton: me!!

I here their is a v3 software upgrade for the xede that may eliminate it…???

Cheers Luke.

• HEINRICH PERFORMANCE AND TUNING
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 2m 8d
Issues with rpm surging

I have got 968 equivalent injectors, xede, walbro fuel pump, valve springs and cold air and although Im seriously loving the power now :spoton: , when coming up to lights or just popping it into neutral and rolling, I get a surge in the rpm which gets bigger and bigger until it sometimes eventually stalls…  Anyone else out there experienced these issues?  Or know how to get rid of it?  Also even when starting it sometimes it has a ruff idle…

The above only happens sometimes, but it is really starting to  :spoton: me!!

Cheers Luke.

adjust the idle screw a small amount hade similer problem som time ago

• HEINRICH PERFORMANCE AND TUNING
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 2m 8d
Issues with rpm surging

I have got 968 equivalent injectors, xede, walbro fuel pump, valve springs and cold air and although Im seriously loving the power now :spoton: , when coming up to lights or just popping it into neutral and rolling, I get a surge in the rpm which gets bigger and bigger until it sometimes eventually stalls…  Anyone else out there experienced these issues?  Or know how to get rid of it?  Also even when starting it sometimes it has a ruff idle…

The above only happens sometimes, but it is really starting to  :spoton: me!!

Cheers Luke.

adjust the idle screw a small amount hade similer problem som time ago

buy the way it is a quick fix you will need to retune the exede

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 12d

69FPV,

Both my XR6T Auto and Supercharged XR8 Manual are doing it, Turbo idles like crap and XR8 just stall 2-3 times everytime when backing down gears. Idle is low on the XR8 but be careful useing the idle screw as I thought it was plastic and glued in place. Had a friends mechanic break his off. Best get the Exede tuned.

Also I have the TSI Pro in both of my cars and will take xlnt6's advice to fix this.

Brett.

• Member For: 20y 10m 17d

DO NOT ,under any circumstances,try and adjust your idle using what looks like an idle adjuster.IT I'SNT. It is your default throttle plate position set screw and will break if tampered with.And you guessed it,"You break it,you own it".

• Forum Superhero
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 4m 20d

I have had massive problems with it, had a re-tune and its much better, however not completely gone.

It comes down to your tune as far as I understand with everything I have gone through.

• Member For: 19y 2m 28d
I have had massive problems with it, had a re-tune and its much better, however not completely gone.

It comes down to your tune as far as I understand with everything I have gone through.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great, so it looks like im stuck with the dody idle :spoton: .... I will get the xede retuned and the software upgraded to the latest version and see how she goes...

If anyone else has any thoughs on a quick fix, please let me know!

Cheers

Luke

• 4 years later...
  • Member For: 15y 7m 19d
Great, so it looks like im stuck with the dody idle :bowdown: .... I will get the xede retuned and the software upgraded to the latest version and see how she goes...

If anyone else has any thoughs on a quick fix, please let me know!

Cheers

Luke

Had similar, cleaned carbon buildup out of throttle body and reset basement idle....worked for awhile then found plugs were stuffed, and they had only done 14000 k's, they were supposed to last 80000 k's, but is all good ever since....