Sign in to follow this  
Buf-Phoon

Auto Gear Knob

How is your knob travelling  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi Guys , I have covered just over 43000ks in my T and my auto gear knob is looking decidedly second hand with most of the Silver metal look alike starting to come off. Looks like :pinch: . I drive mostly in manual mode and am wondering whether this is the cause and is this problem widespread

What about Momo shifter that's done 45,000kms and 'leather' is worn through.

Same with the Sports Steering wheel.

Bringing it up at my 45k service. They better replace them, they look like crap.

all of ford interior paint is cheap and sh*t in my opinion. their method of applying it is stupid and dodgy.

The silver strip above our glove box is scratched, our shifter is scratched, the cup holder.. yep you guessed it.. scratches all over it, and fianlly the gear shifter surround, scratched up also. dodgy dodgy dodgy... how much would it cost them to clear coat it.. honestly :pinch:

I know that the manual knobs were causing dramas for the same reason and Ford was replacing them under warranty, might be worth a trip to your dealer to find out about yours...

I think Ms. Vicky has some polishing to do! :spoton:

Maybe it should be fixed under warranty if its an issue. Just ring Ford and tell them your KNOB needs attending to. :blush:

I think Ms. Vicky has some polishing to do! :spoton:

Maybe it should be fixed under warranty if its an issue. Just ring Ford and tell them your KNOB needs attending to.  :blush:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe I'll leave that one up to you since the majority of ford employees are men :w00t2:

:lol:

I think Ms. Vicky has some polishing to do! :ARFiring:

Maybe it should be fixed under warranty if its an issue. Just ring Ford and tell them your KNOB needs attending to.  :popcorn:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe I'll leave that one up to you since the majority of ford employees are men :w00t2:

:lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is always the receptionist at Ford that might be able to help you. :smilelove:

Bought my XR used and negotiated my choice of aftremarket leather pack. They did the handbrake, arm rest, steering wheel and the AUTO SHIFTER, which looks great. Don't know about durability as it's only been a few klm's since, but try an auto trimmer, it looks stock, with grey leather and blue stitching to match the blue/charcoal trim. :smilelove:

Bought my XR used and negotiated my choice of aftremarket leather pack. They did the handbrake, arm rest, steering wheel and the AUTO SHIFTER, which looks great. Don't know about durability as it's only been a few klm's since, but try an auto trimmer, it looks stock, with grey leather and blue stitching to match the blue/charcoal trim. :huh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

we want pics! :huh:

Crikey Julian,

I thought it was only a young fella's disease but I gotta admit that there ain't much silver left on the Macka knob either.

Funny thing was, I originally thought it was brass........Like needed a lot of polishing......Like there seemed to be a bit of tarnish.....Aww forget it.... :spoton:

Crikey Julian,

I thought it was only a young fella's disease but I gotta admit that there ain't much silver left on the Macka knob either.

Funny thing was, I originally thought it was brass........Like needed a lot of polishing......Like there seemed to be a bit of tarnish.....Aww forget it.... :w00t2:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:spoton: ....You guys need to stop playing with ya KNOBS :msm:

Mines still silver, my interior is all good actually, no marks / scratches on any of it, the door handles might be a little bit knocked around though. My console lid has a dint in it, im hoping to either replace it or get it trimmed in leather with some wicked stiching...