Fire Extinguisher A Good Spot To Mount

• I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 3m 8d

In my Focus, the fire extinguisher is just in front of the passenger seat.

• Flower Power
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 18d

If you have a look underneath the glove box there is an 8mm bolt that you can attach the mounting bracket to. You will be able to see it though.

Another option is in the boot. On the drivers side there is a plastic christmas tree plug. Rip it out, and chuck a T bolt in to hold the bracket. This is where I have my CB mounted.

• Member For: 20y 11m 6d

Some Mercedes have them in a good spot, but I havent looked to see if it suits the T. Just under the front of the front passenger seat. Can be accessed from the driving position if needed.

Boot is a problem, because not only does it take time to get to, but also many impacts leave you unable to open the boot. (Ask me how I know...)

• still kicking around
  • Member For: 21y 6d
Some Mercedes have them in a good spot, but I havent looked to see if it suits the T.  Just under the front of the front passenger seat. Can be accessed from the driving position if needed.

Boot is a problem, because not only does it take time to get to, but also many impacts leave you unable to open the boot. (Ask me how I know...)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

how do ya know mick :blink:

• Member For: 19y 11m 15d

Yep, I have the extinguisher fitted from Ford (only got it as part of the free add-ons at the time I bought it).....it goes under the front passenger seat. Can post pics if you want ...later on though when I get home..

• Member For: 20y 2m 16d
Yep, I have the extinguisher fitted from Ford (only got it as part of the free add-ons at the time I bought it).....it goes under the front passenger seat. Can post pics if you want ...later on though when I get home..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes if you have photos much appreciated.

What I was going to do is use hose clamps on the bracket and clamp it to the seat handle that sides it backwards and forwards.

• 6 years later...