Bluetooth Handsfree Kit

Djelibeybi

• Code Monkey
  • Member For: 21y 4m 17d

Hey gang,

I just got a new SonyEricsson bluetooth-capable mobile and I'd like to get an integrated handsfree kit for my BA XR6 (with premium sound). I should probably go with the SonyEricsson car kit, but since bluetooth is meant to be a standard (ha!), I thought I'd check here first to see what experiences others have had with other kits.

Obviously, a key requirement is proper integration with the BA ICC, so that the sound automatically mutes when the phone rings and it uses the in-car speakers.

Also, recommendations for good installers in Canberra appreciated. I'd like to have very little visible change to the interior of the car after the kit is installed.

Thanks!

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 1m 14d

I have the nokia CARK-1W in my XR and it took me 30mins to install. It works very well with my phone and other bluetooth phones I have tried (not sony). If you plan to use the sony for a while, I would just get either the Sony Bluetooth carkit or the Blueant one.

Bluetooth is a standard that is loosely adheared to, so it is best to stick with the same maker of the phone and carkit.

• god bless my kids
  • Member For: 19y 11m 3d

hi because of me having more than one car I went for a car bluetooth called blueant which means I can take from one car to next

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 2m 8d

So long as it is bluetooth class 1 you should be pretty right.

If you have one of the major brand phones Nokia,Motorola ,Ericsson,Panasonic again you should be alright as well if it is a major brand car kit. Phones like siemens,alcatel or other companies newer to the market may do their own but some will still work .

I have a panasonic mobile and a nokia cark 1 w bluetooth H/f. I knew it woud work with motorola,nokia and ericsson so before I installed it I just hooked it up to the battery and tested it.

Definitely go bluetooth it means when you swap phones theres nothing to swap on your car kit.

As far as installing piece of piss takes about 30 mins.

I found this on the web and I used it to install my nokia carkit. It is instructions on how to install an ericsson bluetooth carkit in pdf format.

HCB30_Install.pdf

• Upstanding Member
  • Member For: 20y 6m 24d

I documented my install of a HCB30 into the Turbo... The link is either in my signature or just go to http://aaron.ausmicro.com and it'll be linked form there.

The Kit works very well and is very subtle in the car which is a nice thing.

A.

• Donating Members
I documented my install of a HCB30 into the Turbo... The link is either in my signature or just go to http://aaron.ausmicro.com and it'll be linked form there.

A.

that's your pdf that I have their mate,was a breeze to put in the most important bit was the color of the wires.

Thanks to people like you hope you didn`t mind me putting it up on the forum.

I actually installed the nokia cark1w

regards

Pete

• Donating Members
From personal experience I KNOW that the Nokia Bluetooth kits will NOT work with Sony Ericsson Phones.

that's unusual you say that, I have a panasonic mobile and use the motorola bluetooth headset.my mate has a ericsson t630 and can use the same motorola headset.I use my panasonic with a nokia cark 1w carkit.

It could be that particular model ericsson. You might be wright but I wouldn`t write off every bluetooth enable ericsson not working with a nokia bluetooth car kit

• Member For: 20y 4m 25d

A.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I used the same kit. Highly recommend it

Edited by bob^