Nsw Snowy Mountains Cruise Re-union

Cro

• Flower Power
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 6m 8d

It's on again, probably the best cruise NSW has ever had, previously organised by Trumpy, and now perfected (or stuffed up) by me :P

The plan:

Saturday 12th Feb 12:00pm

I need a Sydney contact to help me out with this one, pls PM me if interested.

CB Channel to be organised on the day.

Meet at Mt Annan Woolworths for the trip down to Jindabyne.

Leave Mt Annan @ 12:30pm Sharp, cruising down the Hume Hwy into Canberra.

Meet at the Fyshwick Shell servo @ 4:30pm for re-fuel (last Optimax available).

Canberra People to meet others at this servo.

Leave Shell Fyshwick @ 4:00pm for drive down to Jindabyne where we will be staying at Alpine Gables or Horizons (same hotels as last year).

We should get checked into our rooms by 6pm, and down in the bar for Dinner and Drinks shortly after :D

Sunday 13th Feb 7:00am

CB Channel to be organised on the day.

Leave hotels and meet in Jindabyne Shopping for Breakfast.

Make sure your all fuelled up ready to go. There is a Shell premium, Caltex with Premium, and a BP with Ultimate down there.

Leave Jindabyne at 8:00am.

Cruise south towards Thredbo.

There is a National Park Toll to be paid (from memory it's $18 per car).

Since we will most likely be broken up here, we will re-group at a snow chain fitting bay 1km past the toll gates.

Once we are all together, we will cruise past Thredbo - Khancoban - Cabramurra - Kiandra (via Mt Selwyn) - Adaminaby - Cooma - Home.

There will be various re-group points at each town listed above that we pass through. We will also have lunch in one of the towns.

I anticipate being back in Cooma by about 4pm, and back in Sydney by about 8pm.

There is no mobile reception in the Mountains, so a UHF CB Radio is a necessity. If not for the safety of being able to reach others or the fact to know information about hazards that lay a head from the drivers in front, but for the insane chit chat/sledging of Ken and SWMBO we have all grown accustomed to on the CB.

If you need any help getting a CB, PM me with your number and I'll give you a call to explain everything fully.

A Map of the snowy's can be located here: http://www.snowymountains.com.au/Map_of_th..._Mountains.html

We will all have to book our own accommodation individually, and I will provide contact details as soon as I've struck a deal with the two hotels.

WARNING

This is a very long cruise, and a dangerous one.

There are many un-posted corners with no guard rails, a wrong move and you’re off a cliff.

We are going down to enjoy the drive and scenery.

In many area's no one will have any Mobile reception what so ever (unless you have a Satellite Phone).

If you don't think you can sustain about 12 hours of driving (Jindy - Snowy round trip - Sydney) then this cruise isn't for you.

This is NOT a FordXR6Turbo.com (the forum) cruise; the forum and its owners/staff are not responsible for anything that might happen on this cruise.

I am not responsible for anything that might happen.

We are driving on Public Roads, and there are other road users out there, so care must be taken and road rules must be obeyed. If you get pulled over for speeding or an accident or anything else it is your responsibility, and you can not blame it on anyone else but yourself.

So who is coming, what City are you from, and what hotel are you staying in?

Cro - ACT - Alpine Gables

• Faster than any BTA,XTC,Autotech, Nizpro and Tunehouse car
  • Member For: 20y 9m 27d

Top stuff had an absolute unreal time last year put Adel and I down coming from Sydney staying at Alpine Gables Thanks Ivan :kissmy::w00t2::w00t2:

CYA JEFF :spoton:

• What's happening?
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m 14d

I'm gonna try to get there, cant promise anything at this stage. But yeah, was great fun last time, and should be again.

Give the old Brumby Bar another workout hey boys? :spoton:

• Team Blueprint
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 5m

I will try and be there too, not sure at this stage... work work work.... DOH

It was unreal time last year, and a great way to meet lots of faces.... even ugly ones like Ken's!

cheers

PS... I don't suppose we could do it in April instead??? as its a much better time of the year for me.

• Member For: 19y 4m 4d
but for the insane chit chat/sledging of Ken and SWMBO we have all grown accustomed to on the CB.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hello!!!!!! Since when have I been responsible for insane chit chat/sledging on the CB. That job is well and truely Ken's. :spoton:

:ermm:

• Just sit back and enjoy the ride...!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 25d

I'm a very shaky maybe at the moment. I have a work trip to SGP/KL scheduled for that week, but nothing is confirmed until I actually get on a plane....

I do wanna go though.... :msm:

• Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky
  • Member For: 20y 9m 19d

:clap: Sorry guys, at this stage looks like I'll be in Vancouver. :gooff:

... and NO! ... SWMBO can't come on her own in Preciousssss ... :gooff:

:k24t: