World Of Warcraft

KrasH

• Bloody Orange Team (BOT)
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 9m 29d
HEHE.. might be a bit late to look me up..

I got home from work the other day and SWMBO had bought 2 copies of WoW for us.. so I have been playing that lately....not a lot.. only got a 4 pally and a 4 warlock

Im just trying it out to see whether I prefer it to eq2 or not.. so far I do but how much can I tell in 4 levels.

Im on the proudmore server

Magicus - Lvl 4 Orc warlock

Tinidas - Lvl 1 Tauren shaman

Arquebus - Lvl 5 Pally

I am actually having trouble with WoW on my pc.. I am running

2.8 Ghz,

1Gb RAM

Radeon 9800 Pro 128 meg vid card

and for some reason the vid card Sihts itself

However on the other pc

2.8 Ghz

512 RAM

Radeon 9200 Pro 128 meg

I have no probs whatsoever..

and that is on dial-up with the internet shared between.. lag occasionally but not too often. Anyone got any ideas. I have tried new drivers for my vid card already and that does no good... has got me beat.. even unistalled and reinstalled game and did no good.

Pedro

Yer, the game can get graphically intense... System slowdown mainly due to hardware and the "on the fly" loading. My laptop with a ati radeon mobility 9600 and 64MB graphics mem craps itself the most when I get to a city such as stormwind and ironforge. Other then that, not too bad. My main PC with a Geforce FX 5950 Ultra (256 MB graphics mem) handles it way better. But in cities it does jerk along, while loading all the different character attributes... Especially in Ironforge at the Auction House. But out in the world it isn't really a problem.

Anyways, I'm still enjoying myself. Level 29 Human Warrior on Uther and I started a Human Paladin on Proudmoore called Krash :) Level 10 with that one :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 20y 10m 8d

Well I dont know if it is just me.. but I tried WoW and it didnt really grab me.. I thought it was too much like watching a cartoon...

I must admit I only got my character to LVL 10 but I had to torture myself to get that far.. it just didnt capture me.. I guess I will be going back to eq2.. is a shame cause I know a few people that are playing wow..but hey different strokes for different folks..

if any of you ever jump on eq2 then give me a shout on the highkeep server

pedro

• Donating Members
Well I dont know if it is just me.. but I tried WoW and it didnt really grab me.. I thought it was too much like watching a cartoon...

I must admit I only got my character to LVL 10 but I had to torture myself to get that far.. it just didnt capture me.. I guess I will be going back to eq2.. is a shame cause I know a few people that are playing wow..but hey different strokes for different folks..

if any of you ever jump on eq2 then give me a shout on the highkeep server

pedro

Being a newbie in this type of game, I actually liked it from the start. But I must say that the fun really starts at around lvl 20. When you join groups for the instance quests it is damn enjoyable. My human warrior is at lvl 35 now (need about 50,000 exp points to get lvl 36) and I have started to be involved in raids against the horde (the opposition players). Although alot of the horde that attack us are in their 40's 50's and the odd 60, I still have fun. I once had to faced a level 54 tauren (from the horde) and he hammered my in about 3 swings.. hehe.. This "war" is pretty enjoyable. There are alot of high level alliance aswell (40's, 50's and 60's). Unfortunate for the alliance (my side), the horde seem to comprise of more skillful players. Most likely due to the horde having more mmorpg veterens etc. Alliance is full of newbies in this game type. When a raid happens on Stormwind (an alliance city), most alliance don't want to participate. We also couldn't handle 20+ horde, even though we outnumbered them 2-1. Mostly due to conflicting instructions from multipl sources. But in the end, after 40 minutes or so, we just went all in and totally destroyed them. Was fun.

I'm still having fun and the Battlegrounds add-on is going to be released publicly soon and I can't wait. Proper warfare against the horde :) Should add more to the experience.\

Anyways, it's a pity that WoW isn't your cup of tea, but as long as you're having fun with eq2, enjoy yourself :) As we all all know, some people drive crummydores.

I have a heard a few people say that WoW doesnt really get good till you hit LvL 20ish.. but I am just finding it very hard to slug thru the lower levels.. maybe it is just me cause I know more people on eq2 but the general playerbase of wow doesnt seem as social as eq2 ... eq2 people are always chatting and gobbing off and stuff but in wow I was hard pressed to find someone to talk to ..

Maybe I will start again .... what server you on again so that I can at least talk to someone

Pedro..

• Donating Members
I have a heard a few people say that WoW doesnt really get good till you hit LvL 20ish.. but I am just finding it very hard to slug thru the lower levels.. maybe it is just me cause I know more people on eq2 but the general playerbase of wow doesnt seem as social as eq2 ... eq2 people are always chatting and gobbing off and stuff but in wow I was hard pressed to find someone to talk to ..

Maybe I will start again .... what server you on again so that I can at least talk to someone

Pedro..

I noticed the lack of social interaction when I first started playing. Sure there was the odd "hello" etc. But the more levels I get up the more people I meet up with for the harder quests. I actually have quite a few people in my friends list now and I'm also part of a smallish guild (although I may quit the guild because most of them aren't online when I play). On the server I am on, UTHER, there are a few guilds full of players from eq etc. who were in guilds in EQ and have joined up as a guild in WoW. The more you play, the better the interaction with the "locals" is. You just have to go to the uther realm forum on www.worldofwarcraft.com to see what kind of "smackdown" happens :) In game the allience can't actually understand what the horde say, vica versa. The social aspect does improve, especially if you are helpful. I regularly get whispers for help and I usually do, even if I can't get any exp points for kills etc (lvl's too low for me) :).

Anyways, the server I play on 99% of the time is Uther. I've hung out at Proudmoore, but that's only a part time character I play if uther is down for maintanence. My character is krashed (human warrior). Add me to your friends list in game and whisper me for any help :). I am usually on most weeknights and sometimes during the weekend.

Oh well, 5 more levels then I get my own horse, if I can afford it.... 90g's. The most I've ever had is 7g's.... gotta start saving. Can't wait.

• 4 weeks later...

I know this link is past history but I thought I would add to it...

I have been playing it a bit lately, changing servers here and there, but im finally getting into it and I actually agree with almost everyone out there.... it sh*ts all over EQ and EQ2.

I had a 19 warlock but changed servers a couple of times and now im up to a LVL 10 warlock on Durotan Realm.

I spend a lot of my time browsing the WoW forums and I came across this video of an alliance raid on Ogrimmar (Horde capital) and thought I might share it with everyone.. this is the stuff that makes the game good

Be warned it is a large file so if you dont have broadband I wouldnt bother downloading it unless you were gonna have a nap while you wait.

http://www.lacrimaemundi.com/Ogrimmar.zip

enjoy

Pedro

• 3 years later...
  • Donating Members

I thought I'd dig up this old thread about World of Warcraft.

I am still playing the game and reading through the stuff I wrote in this thread from the early days, I am quite embarrassed about how little I really knew about the game back then.

Anyways, the characters I currently have are as follows. They are all still on the Uther realms server, spread over 2 accounts. Yep, I 2 box the game sometimes.

krashhed - Level 70 Human Warrior. The Original character I talked about in this thread, but currently retired.

Krasht - Level 70 Tauren druid. Yes, I switched to the other faction with this druid. Was awesome to play all the way to 70 and was a regular starter in the old High Warlord groups back in the pvp grinding days. This druid is semi retired now.

Krashtoo - Level 70 Tauren Shaman. My current character, which I play the most, though I don't play nearly as much as I used to. I usually log in, play a few bg's and log out hen I have spare time.

Krashnoheals - Level 49 Undead Priest. This is my 49 twink, which I play when I feel like melting faces. The other bg character that I play when I get some spare time.

Also have multipal other characters of varying levels. Yep, I still play WoW.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 27d
Hey Geea you should ahve tried selling your character to some one on ebay, I have seen characters sell for upto $80 on ebay for games like diablo 2.

Dazza.

Everquest toons alot less advanced and equipped than mine were selling for over $1000. The gear my toon had was amazing. I couldn't sell him though as he had a great rep and some idiot might have made him a losser.

Geea. :glad:

f*ck me dead, I would rather play the game myself and build my character. But its crazy the lengths some people will go to. I thought $80 was crazy but $1000+ no thanks

Dazza.

and look at geea now, one of the most feared and respected players on combatgrounds. :censored: