World Of Warcraft

KrasH

• Member For: 20y 9m 21d

ey Krash!, good 2 see another person addicted 2 this game :P, I havnt stopped playing this since I bought it 2 weeks ago, got my orc hunter up2 level 25 so far and its very entertaining.. im on the proudmoore server, sh*t I thought gettin the APS phase2 was fun, this bloody comes close!

cheers

Mark

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bloody Orange Team (BOT)
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 9m 7d
ey Krash!, good 2 see another person addicted 2 this game :P, I havnt stopped playing this since I bought it 2 weeks ago, got my orc hunter up2 level 25 so far and its very entertaining.. im on the proudmoore server, sh*t I thought gettin the APS phase2 was fun, this bloody comes close!

cheers

Mark

hehe... I have some friends on proudmoore.. I might start a character there in a few weeks... Unfortunatly, my character was already at level 17 or so on uther, before I found out... d'oh. That being said, there are plenty of people on uther willing to group up for the harder quests.

@ turb06

1 minute gametime = 1 minute realtime :)

• I see red
  • Member For: 21y 3m 12d
Just real enjoyable... apart from a cramped left hand......

fun fun fun......

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmmmm...sounds like an errr...interesting game :w00t2::blush::w00t2:

I'm afraid I just don't get into computer games of any sort. Played V8 Supercars once, it was OK but not interesting enough to make me want to go out and buy it even though I'm a mad keen V8SC fan in real life.

Kinda strange as I spent most of my teenage life in pinball parlours playing Galaga, Donkey Kong and various other arcade games! :ermm: Maybe I overdosed on video games when I was younger .

• Wanabe mechanical engineer
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 6m 12d

Ut2004 > WoW.....

• Member For: 19y 11m 26d

Just started playing few days ago

This game is bloody awesome, I have a lvl 12 druid on proudmoore server, seems to be where all the Australians are.

Very addictive and very fun too, alot like Everquest was but much more fun and entertaining.

At the moment I am just doing quests, they seem to be the best way to be XP.

If you like these sort of games I recommend it to anyone. :spoton:

Killbot

• Member For: 20y 4m 18d
I want this game but I cant get broadband, f*ck I hate not having it.  I was introduced to rpg's with the baldurs gate series and they were brilliant, I am just about to get icewind dale (I know its old) and play through that.

You will have to post some screen shots Krash, I wanna play this really bad and I am very jelous of you at the moment.  :spoton:

Dazza.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Apparently it can be played using 56k dial up. My cousin has been playing it for a couple of weeks now on dial up. He wouldnt come fishing with me this morning cause he was gonna play that crap all night last nite. :spoton:

• Member For: 20y 9m 17d

I have played eq1 Eq2 and SWG on dial up... as slow as 28.8 k.. it can be done.. the patches arent real nice but just put it on while you sleep is all I do. Sometimes in the places where there is a lot of players the lag gets bad but with eq2 I can set my options to maximum performance.. or maximum quality.. so you can make it how you want it...

I have a 14 brawler and I bought him some new weapons last night.. the graphics for staffs and things are awesome.. this in eq2 that is..

Im still trying to decide if I really want WoW or not... cant justify 2 online games so will have to think about it.

Pedro

P.s ill post some screenshots when I take some.. soon

• Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666
  • Member For: 21y 1m 3d

REALLY!!!!! I have been told to not even bother with dialup on these games, my computer isnt the newest but is well within the system specs for these games and figured the modem speed is whats stopping me. How does combat go with lag and what not?

I might just go and buy one and try it, if not I can sell it to someone at work.

Dazza.

• Member For: 20y 9m 17d

I cant speak for WoW..but I know for a fact that eq2 works quite well on dial up...the combat is fine..although sometimes when there is a lot going on it can get a little laggy..but really is not unbearable...

When im in some of the larger zones I dont experience any lag at... some of the smaller zones like the cities and stuff I get some.. but you dont fight in the cities so it doesnt bother...

SWMBO even has an eq2 account and I have the 2 pcs linked and internet shared between em and we can both play that way... have done it like that on eq1 for a couple of years as well..

So anyone who tells you that you must have broadband for eq2 is full of siht. Yes it helps but when I had 512 adsl I didnt notice a great improvement in gameplay.. hence the reason im still on dialup..

Pedro

• HgAg soldier
  • Member For: 20y 8m 16d

I still have issues on a 1.5Mb Adsl connection. Lag is not that much of a problem with the game, but I do have the occasional issue. My ping to blackrock server is usually 320-500ms.

I'd hate to think what would happen on a slower computer with dialup when visiting Stormwind city *shudders*