World Of Warcraft

KrasH

• Site protagonist
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 7d

I played everquest for a couple of years. Its very addictive and time consuming.

I had one of the top druids on my server and top 50 in the game. I was in a top guild and the game lost its enjoyment. It started being like a job or in the army. At that level you need 60+ people raids to kill gods to improve your gear. It was good killing gods and being fort or second on the server to do it though. I stopped playing over 2 years ago and only cancelled my account last month. I couldn't kill my toon. His name was Geea, too. :w00t2:

Geea. :w00t2:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666
  • Member For: 21y 1m 25d
I played everquest for a couple of years. Its very addictive and time consuming.

I had one of the top druids on my server and top 50 in the game. I was in a top guild and the game lost its enjoyment. It started being like a job or in the army. At that level you need 60+ people raids to kill gods to improve your gear. It was good killing gods and being fort or second on the server to do it though. I stopped playing over 2 years ago and only cancelled my account last month. I couldn't kill my toon. His name was Geea, too. :spoton:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey Geea you should ahve tried selling your character to some one on ebay, I have seen characters sell for upto $80 on ebay for games like diablo 2.

Dazza.

• Site protagonist
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 7d

I had one of the top druids on my server and top 50 in the game. I was in a top guild and the game lost its enjoyment. It started being like a job or in the army. At that level you need 60+ people raids to kill gods to improve your gear. It was good killing gods and being fort or second on the server to do it though. I stopped playing over 2 years ago and only cancelled my account last month. I couldn't kill my toon. His name was Geea, too. :spit:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey Geea you should ahve tried selling your character to some one on ebay, I have seen characters sell for upto $80 on ebay for games like diablo 2.

Dazza.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Everquest toons alot less advanced and equipped than mine were selling for over $1000. The gear my toon had was amazing. I couldn't sell him though as he had a great rep and some idiot might have made him a losser.

I had one of the top druids on my server and top 50 in the game. I was in a top guild and the game lost its enjoyment. It started being like a job or in the army. At that level you need 60+ people raids to kill gods to improve your gear. It was good killing gods and being fort or second on the server to do it though. I stopped playing over 2 years ago and only cancelled my account last month. I couldn't kill my toon. His name was Geea, too. :spoton:

Geea. :glad:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dazza.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Everquest toons alot less advanced and equipped than mine were selling for over $1000. The gear my toon had was amazing. I couldn't sell him though as he had a great rep and some idiot might have made him a losser.

Geea. :glad:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

f*ck me dead, I would rather play the game myself and build my character. But its crazy the lengths some people will go to. I thought $80 was crazy but $1000+ no thanks

Dazza.

• Bloody Orange Team (BOT)
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 9m 28d

Blizzard (makers of WoW) have actually cracked own on characters for sale on eBay. The exceptable use policy that everyone has to agree with states that all game content, be it characters etc is the property of blizzard. This is a good move in my opinion. Last thing you want is a cashed up wa*ker to ruin the game for everyone else.

There were also some people using speed hacks, which would level up their characters quicker. However, Blizzard quickly put a stop to that and banned those who did it.

Anyways, I am making progress. My character is on level 22 now, which is pretty good. Other players around you, especiallyu the ones lower, seem to be more respectful. Maybe because having a higher level to help out is benefitial :). Can't wait to hit level 40 though, because I want a horse to ride around :) I've actually hit 1 gold for the first time, then quickly spent it on abilities and better armour and weapons. It seems that the higher your level, the better the goodies you get when you kill something. Mining and blacksmithing is reletively profitable aswell. Pitty I only found out how to do it properly when I hit level 17. I feel more confident to wander further out now each level I go up. I still can't believe the size of the world you play in. I've only just scratched it's surface, and it's just gobsmacking. Oh, and the Gryphan rides are pretty kewl. The scenery is amazing. Oh and the auction of goods is pretty kewl too. Never knew auctioning in a game would be so much fun :) Cheap deals to be had this way :) You can in some cases get weapons, for your level that are extremely hard to find via the normal routes.

One thing I find amusing, is that some of the classes allow you to have pets, for attacking etc.. Hillarious seeing some very high level players with little panda's, rabbits etc following them.. :)

• Member For: 20y 10m 7d

I used to look on Ebay every now and then just too see the price of toons.. and I was always amazed at how much people were asking for em.... I personally would prefer to spend the time into making my own.. more fun that way.

I followed a mate to SWG and then decided I didnt like it.. Now he is trying to get me onto WoW.. but I think ill stick to EQ2. That is awesome, sounds like it has some things in common with WoW, for example the mining/foresting/harvesting and stuff. The crafting side of EQ2 is awesome. At the moment I am only at artisan LVL 10 and adventurer LVL 19. Like adventurer you choose which artisan class you want. im going for jeweller but there is scribe(for spells and stuff) alchemist, furniture maker, outfitter (wpns/armour) plus a few more I cant think of right now..

I think one of the main difference between WoW and EQ2 is that WoW is a seamless envinronment whereas with eq you need to "zone" into different areas , as in new areas need to load when you go into em. Sounds kinda annoying but usually only takes 10 secs or so to load and can sometimes help ya when there is a monster attacking you and you are close to death. You dont need to zone constantly though. Once you get into a zone you can stay there all day. some of them are even so big you need to get on griffons to fly around.

The graphics of this game are awesome as well.. different feel to what I ahve seen of WoW but great nevertheless. Yeah there are a few bugs with it.. but then again show me any game that doesntt have problems with it....

Pedro

THese sound fun, but remarkably similar. Whats the combat system like in both games? Is it real time, turn based, auto pause functions when enemies are spotted or is it completely different to any other RPG ever made?

Dazza.

• Donating Members

hehe.. yer... There are bugs in WoW. Last night I went with a group into the stockades (elite level with elite characters), and even with a lvl 40, we all got killed. The enemies were level 23's +. With WoW they have what they call an instance. Basically, these parts of the world have to be loaded as usual. If you die within the instance, you have to get from your grave to where the instance starts (usually at the beginning of this bigger quests). Last night we all died and none of us could get back into the instance to recover our bodies.

Also found a bug with mining. Somethimes when my character squats down to get the material, it stays in the squat pose. Annoying bug, but a quit exit game and reload solves that one...

As far as loading goes, the loading for WoW is as you go. Depending on what computer hardware you have etc, these moments are either noticable or not. That said, you get a loading screen for quests within an instance and when you use the deeprun tram between Stormwind and Ironforge.

Anyways, saw an Undead character lurking around, totally demolishing some lvl 38+ players in combat with their PvP enabled.. Sometimes good to see these kind of fights. I'm not PvP enabled by the way.. hehe.. I recon I could've died from the schrapnel if I was. I'm on lvl 23 atm :)

• Donating Members
THese sound fun, but remarkably similar.  Whats the combat system like in both games?  Is it real time, turn based, auto pause functions when enemies are spotted or is it completely different to any other RPG ever made?

Dazza.

Realtime here. When you play on the WoW servers, you actually experience night and day in real time. The server I'm on is on the West coast of the US and the game time reflects their timezone. You can actually see the sun moving overhead, like in real life. You see the dark fall when it's night etc. and then the moon doing the same. Spotting enemies, you have to either attack them by just attacking them or react if they see you. Enemies/hostiles have their name in red, those that are neutral, but will defend themselves are yellow. Thos that you can't attack are white. If Player Vs Player is enables, your side is in green, the enemie (in my case, the horde) are red. Realtime is really pretty good. Add's to the atmosphere of the whole game.

Oh almost forgot. In WoW they have "rested" state. If you logout and don't come back for a few days, when you do get back into it, your experience points are doubled dependent on how long you haven't played. In theory, players who play part time, shouldn't be too far behind those who play always.

THese sound fun, but remarkably similar.  Whats the combat system like in both games?  Is it real time, turn based, auto pause functions when enemies are spotted or is it completely different to any other RPG ever made?

Dazza.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Realtime here. When you play on the WoW servers, you actually experience night and day in real time. The server I'm on is on the West coast of the US and the game time reflects their timezone. You can actually see the sun moving overhead, like in real life. You see the dark fall when it's night etc. and then the moon doing the same. Spotting enemies, you have to either attack them by just attacking them or react if they see you. Enemies/hostiles have their name in red, those that are neutral, but will defend themselves are yellow. Thos that you can't attack are white. If Player Vs Player is enables, your side is in green, the enemie (in my case, the horde) are red. Realtime is really pretty good. Add's to the atmosphere of the whole game.

Oh almost forgot. In WoW they have "rested" state. If you logout and don't come back for a few days, when you do get back into it, your experience points are doubled dependent on how long you haven't played. In theory, players who play part time, shouldn't be too far behind those who play always.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that's pretty cool with the real time days, is it like a GTA type thing when one game hour is equal to one minute of game time or is, one game hour one real life hour?

I really need to stop talking about this, cause I cant get it and I want it. :w00t2:

Dazza.