Air Con Problem

Pretzel

3 speed fan on passenger side

2 speed fan on drivers side

Fan speed is controlled by pcm..

If the Edit could bring the fans in when road speeds were less than 25km/hr then this would make the intercoolers more efficient for those traffic light duels :w00t2:

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 3d
3 speed fan on passenger side

2 speed fan on drivers side

Fan speed is controlled by pcm..

If the Edit could bring the fans in when road speeds were less than 25km/hr then this would make the intercoolers more efficient for those traffic light duels :w00t2:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well there you go, that explains why sometimes they seem quieter. I thought it would have been the same as the AU’s and assumed I was going crazy hearing all these different levels of fan noise.

I’ve learnt something new today! (as pathetic and insignificant as it may seem)

Trent.

EDIT: Which reminds me of a little “mod” that I did on the AU ute, by grounding (through a dash switch) a wire from the PCM I could set the fans to operate on full, which was great for the air con on warmer days – maybe something similar could be done on the BA which would be good for what you mention Lee – does anyone have schematics?

Edited by tab

• 14 years later...
  • Member For: 4y 11m 7d

Mine was intermittent. When I accelerated hard it came back on . Over time it got worse and stopped just blowing hot air. Checked the two wires at the top of the compressor. One was out and connector wasn’t clean.  Bit of a light sand, plugged it back in and back in business (this was after first pulling the icc unit out and checking wiring, as it turned out for no reason ) 

• Like 1