Sign in to follow this  
hypnodoc

Typhoon Vs Gt Comparo

:msm:

Well now I have 013 in my possession and I own it and have given it a decent run down the freeway I can say in all honesty that I will miss my EX 263.9 RwkW GT NOT AT ALL :ermm:

The Typhoon would kill it without even knowing it was in a race, and as for the garbage that the wheels mag posted about times, well that's another mag consigned to the never waste your money again bin. This car is incredible and would also blow the doors off my old APS stage 1 BA Turbo. I would advise anyone who want to knock these cars to drive one first before you believe magazine drivel :blink:

I am presently waiting for the WA WA land peak hour traffic to subside and then I'm going to take it for a decent run tonight and another tomorrow. Have a fun friday night ladies and gents because I know I will.

God knows what this machine is going to go like with a unichip and some bigger injectors :ermm: No driveline shunt at all period. No diff whine at all period. Nothing except the sensation of time travel. :smilielol: Whhhhoooo Hoooooo

That's great to hear Doc! :smilielol::blink:

Maybe the magazines were asked to siften the accelleration times due to already bad publicity in relation to high power?

Or maybe they were just given slightly detuned ones to test for the same reason? :ermm:

I would advise anyone who want to knock these cars to drive one first before you believe magazine drivel :kissmy:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll second that Doc :w00t2:

Not only does it Pull like a 16 year old school boy it Drives and handles so well, and the few knockers on this forum are the same few that knock everyones posts except their own. I'm still thinking about the test drive and the GT has drifted from my mind and all I can think about and remember was the typhoon..in fact I woke up last night dreaming about the damn thing. Not to many cars do that to me I can asure you.

You had one mean GT doc and after test driving the typhoon myself I know that your 100% and well qualified to judge this vehicle.

Keep us up to date with the next few km so I can keep dreaming until I get behind the wheel of my new Tornado in feb. I'll be keen to know how she goes with a few trinkets done to her :w00t2:

:kissmy: That is crazy! well done with your new toy :lol: All you need to do now is find some HSV's and give them a spankin :w00t2:

Rob...

Doc you are one lucky guy to have both of these cars. I also second your observations I took a GT and a Typhoon for a test run last week and the Typhoon has so much grunt and just pulls like a train, I was very impressed with the car. I do not like to take part in the arguments and name calling that sometimes goes on in this forum but to all of the knockers go out and have a drive of one of these beasts they are awsome and you will be impressed. :kissmy:

I may as well be the the first ofthe knockershere.

hypnodoc, itseems that whatever car that you have which is new kills your past car.how the hell would a 270kw f6 kill a 263rwkw gt.

you may have had the experience of driving a xr6 t,gt and typhoon but seriously you soundlike a little kid with a new toy which is better than all the other kids toys.

also I do not want you to take this the wrong way. just my impressions that is all.

hypnodoc, itseems that whatever car that you have which is new kills your past car.how the hell would a 270kw f6 kill a 263rwkw gt.

you may have had the experience of driving a xr6 t,gt and typhoon but seriously you soundlike a little kid with a new toy which is better than all the other kids toys.

also I do not want you to take this the wrong way. just my impressions that is all.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Usually the newer cards are quicker than the old ones! Its called technology and has something to do with marketing so as to sell new cars.

Don’t take this the wrong way doublek but you sound jealous to me, just my impressions that is all. :spoton:

Doc you just enjoy them Toys mate :spoton::spoton::spoton:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its all about torque

cant wait to dive one. Might have a go at a GT as well if I can find one.

Must be one hell of a car if it will eat the standard turbo and GT.

With 550 nm of torque that must be why it goes so well.

Get out there and enjoy that car. Sounds like its a real winner. :blush:

Edited by Gavin Conroy

Doc well blow me away,

I`ve got my xr6 turbo and I love it,given me fault free motoring.

Would Have loved a V8 only because I have never owned one, would`ve been a GT but couldn`t justify more than 50K on a car (O.k so iI am a bit of a tight arse,might be different if I made more money). Everybody knows that the car magazines are talking crap,it doesn`t make sense that a car with an extra 30kw and 100nm will be slower than an xr6t. Enjoy Doc in the knowledge that the truth will come out soon and we will see the real times.

:glad::blush::nono::glad::blush::nono: VROOM Get the message

oh and be a good boy and get your car exorcised by a priest as no.13 and th price you paid is a bit scary.

Edited by stang

motor december issue has the typhoon doing the 0-100kph @ 5.76s. how is that slowerthan the xr6 turbo

I beleive for the quater they stated something like 14,5 are you looking at the published figures or the rumoured figures. Sorry it was wheels and they quoted

14.6 for the quater and 6.3 for the 100 and here is the link

http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=14162

If you read my thread you will see I dont agree with these figures.

Edited by stang

the doc should just buy a porsche turbo and be done with it.

having said that he will most probably update that within 3 months for something "faster". he he he.

The Doc is welcome around here, his posts are from experience not heresay. He may very well buy a Porsche someday but he is having fun loosing moeny on his Ford trade ins, theres is nothing wrong with that.

Now doc, whwn your in Brissy next I know this great road we can have a run on in the M5........

Going to take a GT-P and the F6 for a drive next saturday

Will be interesting as the Better half likes the GT-P better so if I decide to get another one I could have fight on me hands.

Asked what kind of trade on me T and the bloke said I should get 40 grand.

Seems a bit high compared to the 30 to 35 most got offered a while ago.

I suppose we will see when it comes down to the paperwork if it happens.

Ken

Going to take a GT-P and the F6 for a drive next saturday

Will be interesting as the Better half likes the GT-P better so if I decide to get another one I could have  fight on me hands.

Asked what kind of trade on me T and the bloke said I should get 40 grand.

Seems a bit high compared to the 30 to 35 most got offered a while ago.

I suppose we will see when it comes down to the paperwork if it happens.

Ken

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You won't be disappointed Ken and I'm sure you won't need to have to convince your better half about the typhoon after she's been in one.

Edited by vuster

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What a stupid wa*ker thing thing to say CLOWN :glad: Get back in your VN Late model camira :w00t2:

Doublek, Take a bit of advice, Most people here have a fair amount of cash to spend on cars, Maybe if you are that bad off, then maybe you should go and join the hyundai forums.

Most are happy here to see people get nice cars.

Ken

:o

Redhawk and I went hurtling down his awesome PRIVATE ROAD today and as he knew all the corners he drove and gave the new beast a good 100 klm or so "Run In" workout :o . I think he had an enjoyable time as I told him just to drive it how he wanted too and so he did. One of the beneficial things about him driving is that he has owned a T and currently owns his Gleaming Red GT so he is in a position to make an informed opinion, he then got out the digital camera and took a swag of piccies which he will post with a critique very soon, I think it would be fair to say he was literally "Blown Away" as am I :w00t2::glad:

:o

Redhawk and I went hurtling down his awesome PRIVATE ROAD today and as he knew all the corners he drove and gave the new beast a good 100 klm or so "Run In" workout :glad: . I think he had an enjoyable time as I told him just to drive it how he wanted too and so he did. One of the beneficial things about him driving is that he has owned a T and currently owns his Gleaming Red GT so he is in a position to make an informed opinion, he then got out the digital camera and took a swag of piccies which he will post with a critique very soon, I think it would be fair to say he was literally "Blown Away" as am I :w00t2:  :o

good to hear doc :o am glad your happy with your new machine..... and in all ohnesty, im jealous :msm: gold lotto here we come :lol:

hypnodoc, you little as*hole. I just offered my opinion and I did not call you names like wa*ker. if you want to be an as*hole about it be my guest.

Why?

The Doc from past experience doesn't suffer fools too well and he knows what he's on about.Love hearing about his GT and new F6.

Hey you don't need money-just a bigger loan :w00t2:

Congrats Rick sounds sensational, remember I've been in your 350Kw GT and if this thing goes harder that's one impressive machine from Ford and all good for all us Ford fans. Well done plus you get to keep your warranty for a little while at least, not that that's ever worried you before :lol: Just recently had my drive day at Calder and these GT's also get along quite nicely with an expert at the wheels, so much so that I was hanging on for dear life and this guy looked like he was half asleep driving it, you know what I mean and you'll get to do it again in the Phoon, best of luck with it.

Cheers Rob