The guy has a heap more general SMS shots on his sight here;

http://www.markpakula.com/sms/

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jey_16
  • Guests

I'm just wondering, will fpv make 6 cylinder turbo like the XR6T but with more power

will ford make a coupe, like a couple of years a ago they had that show car 300+

does anybody know the amount of kilowats the HRT427 has, hte car looks crap but I am interested in the engine...

• some guy...
  • Member For: 21y 6m 2d
I'm just wondering, will fpv make 6 cylinder turbo like the XR6T but with more power

will ford make a coupe, like a couple of years a ago they had that show car 300+

does anybody know the amount of kilowats the HRT427 has, hte car looks crap but I am interested in the engine...

1. I honestly doubt it because it would be overlapping with the XR8 and GT. it should be fairly cheap and easy for tuners to get more power out of it.

2. maybe, but not for another few years. Ford's just spent A LOT of money on the BA, and they're continuing to spend money on the Raptor project. there simply aren't enough resources to do that right now, and ford needs to build profitable cars. the costs of developing a coupe could not be justified by such a small volume of cars. holden's probably breaking just even on the Monaros.

3. I've heard 350kw, but it should be more. if they wanted 350kw, they should have gotten ford to build their engines for them, not get a 7L (!!!) race engine from the States. it's still a fact to this day, Expensive Daewoo can't build engines for s**t!

Guest DZ.
  • Guests

FPV have stated that they'll be looking at extending their range beyond just V8s - I would have thought that an FPV Turbo 6 would have been a logical extension. We're talkinag about a stronger gear box (just use the XR8's or the GT's) turning the boost up a little, and strengthening the 6's internals a touch (one would assume they wouldn't increase the power past the GT so let's say 270-280KW output. Realistically, the development cost would be fairly low for a model they could place between an XR8 and a GT - and I'd definitely be interested as would no doubt be a lot of other people.

Guest jey_16
  • Guests

yeah its true, fpv will have the only v8 line in Australia compared to HSV and Expensive Daewoo which import them from the US

Ive also heard about GTHO rumours which would explain why fpv decided to go 10kw down compared to the HSV GTS

also, fpv have been looking at fpv Focus, that would be a mad car

• some guy...
  • Member For: 21y 6m 2d
Ive also heard about GTHO rumours which would explain why fpv decided to go 10kw down compared to the HSV GTS

also, fpv have been looking at fpv Focus, that would be a mad car

I prefer to say FPV have decided to go 30kw up on Clubsport, because that's the way it is. :)

as for the FPV Focus, I believe they ARE going to do it because that's something Expensive Daewoo hasn't touched upon just yet. Importing the RS is not exactly viable because of the numbers and prices, but I'm positive FPV could whip up a VERY hot Focus!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DZ.
  • Guests

Utes retain the leaf springs and live axle to maintain their one tonne load capacity, but on the XR models I believe they may be specially tuned to handle the power (or that might be the FPV one only, I'm not sure).

• Member For: 21y 6m 5d
Raptor - how did the rear end go with not a lot of weight over it?? ......

Is it true that it misses out on the control blade suspension?

RR.

Well like a said I was just a passenger. The driver was actually a senior engineer that helped the AU ute become a reality and a guy that does a lot of the outback testing and stuff.

From the passenger seat it all seemed very controlable although you could tell it was walking around a bit on a particularly bumpy section of secondary road. The AU-BA ute rear end (which does retain the leaf springs) has been praised by the motoring journos as being particularly well sorted and predictable.

The XR and Pursuit utes will have a lower load capability than the workhorse utes which should help with the ride.

I don't think your friend need be concerned, nothing wrong with a well sorted leaf rear end. I'd certainly prefer that to the swing-axle IRS under the Commy utes.