I've had a ride in a ....

Raptor

• Member For: 21y 5m 17d

I've had aride in a Phantom XR6 Ute.

A bit over 2 weeks ago.

Boy, do these things go. That Sequential Shift auto seems to work damn well too. I also got to have a good drool and look it over afterwards. Nice.

I can't say I was crazy on the purple striped interior but I guess it will appeal to some.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest blackout
  • Guests

Can't say I have seen the interior? What is it? The wheel wrap? Gear knob? Interested to know those things.

however, I really like the purple they have on the new xr8 ute add on tv, and the purple shown in the xr6t form above (top left corner)

speaking of the ute, d'yas reckon the xr8 ute will come out of the factory sounding like it does on the new ad? :lol:

how good would that be!?!

• The Noble Leader
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 5m 16d

The purple in the top left hand side doesnt exist.. just something I whipped up in photoshop.. neither does the orange on the main page. :D

• Member For: 21y 5m 17d

The interior is generally very nice, with brushed alloy detail trim on the gauges, door handles and gear knob. It is just that the cloth insert pieces (door panels and seats) that go with some of the colours are a bit bright for my tastes.

Ford are calling it a Plexis pattern (kinda of tiger stripes or lightning forks in colour over a dark background). Comes in Purple (Phantom), Blue (Bluprint), Red, Dark Blue and Grey on the XR models only. There is also a perforated pattern and a leather option. What colour/pattern/material you can have is determined by the exterior colour.

You can get some idea looking at the Fabric & Trim area of www.NewFalcon.com.au

The phantom (purple) exterior does look good in real life.

Yes, I reckon the Boss 260 engine in the XR8 will sound just like it does on the TV ad.

• The Noble Leader
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 5m 16d

The Phantom colour on the ute ad looks really dark. Like a dark purple. I wish they had made a ligher one. :ph34r:

Guest blackout
  • Guests

have they got a steering wheel that so much resembles AU's momo wheel? I had a ride in the XT falcon before it was actually released to the public, so I got to experience the interior way before it was even shown on the website.

I didn't mind the wheel, a bit european looking I thought.

I just hope they have a wheel as good looking as the AU/momo one.

oh and yeah - damn about that purple in the top left hand corner only being a muck about thing. I was getting wet at the sight of it