Typhoon 1/4 miles

Guest xrtwpn

• Seriously Flukey Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 26d
Heh.  :3gears:

I hope that figure is wrong.. Why are Ford scared of creating a new hero car? The F6 could easliy crank out a flat 13 yet Ford won't do it. I am getting tired of FPV already.. They could be so much more..

Couldnt agree more. The latest HSV's are going to crank out 0-100 times of about 5.0. Ford need a car like the Typhoon to challenge them.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 22d
guys ,

I draged a xr8 ba ute last nite in my sedan xr6t and left a good car length on him :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

WOW, that's amazing!

• Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666
  • Member For: 21y 1m 22d
Those times sound p!ss poor to me. Manual or not, the times should be quicker than that. With 550NM at 2000rpm the car just CAN'T be that slow. Me smells a rat!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm with you on that one, swap the 2 times around and that makes more sense, maybe the ford marketing team got to the magazines editor and told them to missprint the times.

Dazza

• Member For: 20y 9m 28d

I don't think the F6 could do a 13 1/4 but a 14 is ridiculous. Come on the Standard turbo can do a 13.9 if driven right, and that's with a old 5 speed! This time is definately not what the car can do, but it won't be as fast as the LS2. :spoton:

• Member For: 19y 7m 15d
Those times sound p!ss poor to me. Manual or not, the times should be quicker than that. With 550NM at 2000rpm the car just CAN'T be that slow. Me smells a rat!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm with you on that one, swap the 2 times around and that makes more sense, maybe the ford marketing team got to the magazines editor and told them to missprint the times.

Dazza

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh come on guys... you're sounding like knuckle-dragging, one-eyed, Expensive Daewoo fans ffs.

If any of the ed's from Motor read what you're saying, that's definitely the impression they'll get.

I have no doubt those are the valid times they achieved. As has already been stated, track/weather/individual car conditions can obviously influence times - perhaps a standard T would have only pulled a 14.2 or 14.3 in the same conditions.

Sure, be disappointed, but don't be so blind in your faith that you can't remain objective. It drags the whole forum down.

• Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 13d

I'll bet the F6 goes quicker down the quarter than your T does Steve :spoton: :lol:

Whilever the F6 has a manual you ain't going to see quick times come out of it...when it gets an auto the times will fall very quickly :gooff:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 5m 20d
I'll bet the F6 goes quicker down the quarter than your T does Steve :gooff:  :lol:

Whilever the F6 has a manual you ain't going to see quick times come out of it...when it gets an auto the times will fall very quickly :msm:

I've run quarter times, just not on the track :spoton:

Wonder how and where motor mag conduct theirs???

The times may be better with the auto, well at least they should be. But notice that most manuals in the motor mag do better than the autos??? Other results show differently...