Typhoon 1/4 miles

Guest xrtwpn

• Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 6m 15d

:spoton: ChargerMal. Nice ride. Very clean looking CL ??

What you say about low profile tyres not squatting is correct. However the silicon compounds used in most of them counter this because they are pretty grippy anyway :spoton: Some people lower them to 15-20psi for more grip on the strip.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• It's All In Your Mind
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 5m 27d
The TT BOSS will certainly outdo a T6. However it is always a cost v benefit balance and I can't see too many people wanting to spend up to $15,000 over and above what they've already shelled out for a GT just to hose a T6. In short, I see the T6 (XR or Typhoon) as the bang for buck performance sedan for the future.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes there is no doubt the T6 is great bang for buck but times may be changing.

TT kits in the ball park of $15K Turn a v8 from 200rwkw car into a 400rwkw car with stock internals. You hit a wall with the T at around 330rwkw where it's a 10K+ additional outlay above the 10 or more you've already spent to move forward.

Wouldnt it be awesome if ford brought out a TT V8 from FPV. 400fwkw with 6psi :o

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And what do you reckon a TT Boss with all the internals and the Trans and mandatory new clutch setup is going to cost once its all said and done. There are no Bosses making any exceptional power as yet. No doubt the time will come but at the moment its all rumour and heresay :o . Presently up to its 220 kph speed limiter the T is performance king by a long way. However once I've visited APS in Melb in 2 weeks time I have a sneaking suspicion it may be a Typhoon. And for the record so it remains evident that I'm not blowing hot air, I have a series 2 GT on order for March delivery and I will probably end up throwing Peters twin vacuum cleaner set up on it :o . But that's in the future not in the here and now where the Turbo reigns supreme :thumbsup:

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m 6d

Doc , whilst come March I would consider you extremely fortunate too have both beasts in the driveway , I think it fair to assume that all and sundry will look forward to your comparative thoughts,once the Phoon is modded of course.

Sorry I will just go and continue to turn a paler shade of green :o What a terrible imposition for you :thumbsup:

• Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 6m 15d

Hey Doc, with all your visits to the east coast, why don't you leave one of those at my place. I'll keep it warm for you at all times. Just fly over any time and it'll be waiting for you to use while you're here :drool:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 5m 29d
And what do you reckon a TT Boss with all the internals and the Trans and mandatory new clutch setup is going to cost once its all said and done. There are no Bosses making any exceptional power as yet.

The TT LS1 has stock internals with 400rwkw. Capa have had supercharged 8's with 400fwkw with very low boost. It's a matter of time before the TT APS kit is here and it will do very well. Best 15K you could spend :repost: