.....More Leaking Car

Antisocial

• Weird Member
  • Member For: 21y 2m 16d

Not that it happens all that often nowadays, but each time it rains, my boot gets a bit of water in the far corner on the drivers side. :glad:

I had a look and it seems to be leaking in at the rear window or near the hinge and runs between the panels, it only happens when the car is parked on level ground.

Only about a teaspoon of water gets in, over a full days rain but it is starting to cause surface rust where the panels overlap.

Its something the dealer said they will fix at next weeks 45,000k service.

If you have had water leak into your boot you may want to check, otherwise in about 5 years time you will have a rusty hole in your car. :spoton:

The picture is taken with the upper boot lining trim removed.

post-33-1097107443.jpg

• Flight 6
  • Member For: 20y 8m 15d

Hey I got a water leak in the book where the jack stays whenever it rains there is a little puddle that comes up and when u put your hand in te little hole that leads to the air flaps there is a paddle there. Dealer said its a window seal, they changed it but hte next day water again now have to go back again they cant get it right the wankers...where could it be coming from I am guessing from under the car, when it rains the tyres throw up the water and gets into some hole and builds up. ITs the section that's right above the rear resonator in the exhaust if you know what I am talk about?????

• Member For: 19y 7m 25d

I had this problem in a AU sedan, everytime I washed the car or it rained I would get half a cup of water in the right front corner of the boot, the conclusion the ford dealer came too was that where the rear quarter joined the main shell underneath the rear window on the rhs wasn't spot welded properly and there fix was to cover the seam in about fifty gallons of some particular type of silastic/glue/crap stuff, it fixed it the leak but not the problem :spoton::spoton:

good luck :w00t2:

• Weird Member
  • Member For: 21y 2m 16d

I know the AU's sometimes leaked at the same place. I had a mate a work who, when his AU sedan was parked pionting down hill in the rain would totally flood the rear passengers floor, and his dealers could never fix it.

So that was one thing I checked had been changed on the BA and it has.

Mine does not leak over the boot seal. It seeps in between the panels like harlee said but not when I wash it or in heavy rain, just after a full day of steady gentle rain. :smilielol:

• voy74656
  • Member For: 20y 5m 2d

pffffft...amateur he is....I tell u....who else after two weeks of not being on the forums properly could read everything in 1 night...post like a little *beep* and smack all u plebs back dwon to where u should be.......not me I'm telling you :sleepystuff:

btw...the t's do float......for a while :gooff:

• 1 year later...
  • Member For: 18y 10m
pffffft...amateur he is....I tell u....who else after two weeks of not being on the forums properly could read everything in 1 night...post like a little *beep* and smack all u plebs back dwon to where u should be.......not  me I'm telling you :tease:

btw...the t's do float......for a while :pinch:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

FORD stands 4 FLOODS ON RAINY DAYS. :gooff:

• ORSM Ford Cruisers!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 10m 20d

Hi,

I know there is a TSB for leaking boot area from FORD. its to do with screws longer than 15mm used to hold the license plate, it pierce's that back of the grommet seal and allows water into the boot area. Get your dealer to check it out and fit the correct screws as per TSB 45/03.

Matt