Tray liners and dividers

THEMESHMAN260

• Member For: 14y 9m 9d
dig dig dig....

Anyone know if the dividers are available from anywhere? I would like one for the back of my FG

Same, I get my new one today.

I thinking or a solid bit of pine/oregon the same thickness as the slot and high enough to clear the wheel arches if you need to put something on top.

• Member For: 17y 24d

Looks the good!!

I bought some MDF and speaker carpet and made the dividers. Works well, but freakin heavy as I had to glue/nail the sheets to get the correct width for a tight fit between the tray arches/gaps.

Hey Meshman how heavy are your dividers?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 7m 24d

I just have 150 x 50mm thick pine @ 1450 long -2 off as dividers. They fit nicely in the slots and depending if I need a grippy base or not I have a sheet of clark rubber that is cut to suit the tray. Then if you want you can section off longitudinally with timbers between the two main dividers to make more sections for your stuff if required.

The slot ford has provided in the tray is 75mm wide which makes it hard to make a lightweight divider (as most people want the divider to be the height of the wheel arch).

I managed knocked up a divider this morning in 10mins with materials I had laying around.

I used stick of 240 x 45 (10'x2') oregon (old builders plank) as this would be loose in the slots I nailed a small piece of 19mm maple to the end at the slots. To stop the plank rattling I used a very thin wedge.

You will notice the base of the slot in the tray has a chaffer, to prevent the plank placing a point load on this little bit plastic a 10mm chaffer was cut to the base of the plank.

As the plank was 240 ill prob look at cutting it down to about 5mm above the wheel arches.

This solution is a bit rough and quick but does the job. The height is good if you have an esky or items with a high centre of gravity.

post-36074-1246180195_thumb.jpg

post-36074-1246180237_thumb.jpg

• Member For: 15y 10m

This is what I was thinking... ford designed it to be simple and to just use planks.. why make it complicated .. if you want it air fairy cover the plank in carpet.. just remember its a ute not a hatchback before you apply the carpet hey ... heheheee

utemad

• 1 month later...

Made the rear divider this afternoon.

I got routered a 14mm wide by 10mm deep slot near the centre of the board to line up with the slots in the tub. Im going to make a 350mm wide by 200mm high divider to slide into the slot to stop stuff rolling around. I intend to make two slots in the divider the near the cab to make 3 partitions to fit a couple of plastic tubs for ropes etc.

post-36074-1250070348_thumb.jpg

post-36074-1250070376_thumb.jpg

• 9 years later...
  • Member For: 4y 9m 24d
On 26/09/2004 at 8:31 PM, THEMESHMAN260 said:

Anybody who is interested in getting their ute carpet liners and dividers is $80.00.

I still have not worked out the freight for interstate buyers, at the moment it is only local pick up in Geelong.

On 25/09/2004 at 8:23 PM, THEMESHMAN260 said:

This carpet is marine black rubber backed carpet with pile on top, comes with two dividers which is also carpeted.

The dividers will give you three compartments for storing you goods without sliding everywhere.

The dividers are high enough above the wheel archers to slide a 2400 x 1200 sheet across and still have the storage underneath.

See photos

post-43-1096107786.jpg

How much would be sent to Bonbeach 3196  2010 bf xr6 ute