• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m 14d

Harasn is right. These mods are fine if your prepared to give up your warranty. I have already had an engine replaced under warranty and I am glad that it wasnt modified.

Ask yourself this - Do I need 300KW?. If I do then buy a car with 300KW. IMO the base car goes very well and yes more perfomance would be good, but until FPV offer me a factory upgrade, then I wont play the game.

Go over to any Subaru forum and see how much second hand WRX's go for that have had 6 to 10K spent on them.

Be prepared to spend this money, not get it back at sale time and have no warranty. You have been warned!

Would you buy any BMW with 10k spent on it or would you buy a SH M3 or M5?

Would you buy a SS Late model camira with 10k spent on it or just go and buy a Clubsport?

I rest my case you honour.........

flame me now.......

• potty trained
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 25d
BLKXRT,

Specifically what modifications?

Done prior to delivery? or some time later?

on my other Ford (which is under a year old) the dealer recently fitted a full Herrod exhaust and springs ... the exhaust turned out to be +35rwkw, the dealer organised the unichip to be re-tuned as well .... B)

on my ute we are in the throws of doing an exhaust and an engine management (APS) upgrade

these modifications are post delivery but have been told that pre-delivery mods are also available as they are a Herrod outlet as well :o

KnoxFord are keen to assist in "sensible" modifications that enhance the driveability of a Ford car ... emphasis on the word SENSIBLE and they perform before and after dyno runs for both you and them ... to verify the "sensibility " of the mod and assess the risks etc etc ... further checks like examining the transmission fuild are done a few thousand kays down the track to assess if things are being fried !!!

(they personally sat me down and went through the warranty issues and by no means am I off the hock or have a licence to kill the car)

I still have warranty responsibilities, the main being to drive in an acceptable fashion (wheelspins, tc, redlines etc etc are recorded on the car's computer and are checked for) :huh:

I reckon it is a great to modify a car in this way .... :o and thanks to KnoxFord it is available near where I live :D

cheers

ps KnoxFord are willing to look at any Ford ... old or new

• ....Time to lay this fairytale aside......
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m 9d
  • Location: In the Ferry on the River Styx, not getting out just yet!

They have'nt got a dealership in Perth?

.......Thought not :(

Guest IMTRBO
  • Guests

BLKXRT Have you got somehing in writting stating that these mods will not void any part of the cars warranty even if the problem is directly related to the mod ie ECU upgrade Blown Motor or Gear Box!

• potty trained
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 25d
BLKXRT Have you got somehing in writting stating that these mods will not void any part of the cars warranty even if the problem is directly related to the mod ie ECU upgrade Blown Motor or Gear Box!

no one gives a cross the board warranty in writing :unsure:

but I have got

1. A good relationship with my Ford dealer

2. Modifications done in their workshop (including work with Unichips)

3. A knowledge that it is agreed that I won't thrash the car beyond its limits and that my dealer has a say as to the type and extent of the modification

4. Receipts from Ford for modifications done and receipts for regular servicing and additional testing and monitoring of modifications

That's enough for me <_<

KnoxFord is a Herrod dealer, sell all sorts of things including tyres and has a great team of switched on mechanics.

As far warranty, this is as best I can do to obtain modifications within the limitations of the Ford warranty.

To modify a car "in the dark" without Ford's knowledge

and un-modify upon a problem arising

and present the car to Ford with an innocent look on my face

is not possible in this day and age ... the Ford ECU knows all when it comes to driver behaviour ... so there is simply no point in bullsh*tting with Ford.

I hope my good relationship with KnoxFord will have a significant bearing on true warranty issues;

all other issues of breakdown not related to warranty are my problem. I behave and then my car should behave.

If there is something better out there ... please let me know :ermm:

Cheers

Guest 56Mainline
  • Guests

BLKXRT,

IMO I reckon you've sorted out the best Ford warrenty / modifications relationship that is possible.

Cheers.

Look forward to hearing more as to how it all goes...