NT invite

sixfan

Guest Ramm Chandra
  • Guests
goodness gracious me,sounds like a werry good twrip,are camels wellcome, not near Palmer is it sixpan?

ramm

Hi there Ramm.....

How do you like your camels?

One hump, or two?

:lol:

sorry sixfan, for off topic.

Would love to come to NT. Never been there.

Can't make it this stage though. I'll have to take a rain cheque.

Goodness gracious me, :blush:

ramm

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m 4d

Thanks for the invite sixfan planning an NT trip b4 years end.Lived in Wagaman many years ago and worked for Grace Bros. removals at Winnelie.Is the drive-in still going?That used to be a scream.Your in one of the best places on earth you lucky B@st$rd.Look you up if dates/times match. :blush:

• FORD FORD FORD
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 11d
Not sure if I can make this one ... :huh:

:blush:

what a loss that'll be, :w00t2:

Scotty

• Flaccid Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 10m 7d

Righto.

I've done some checking and I can organize a tour of the old ww2 sites up here, a 5 hour trip seeing old airfields, ammo dumps (careful, there are still UXB's...) a chemical warfare disposal site (yep seems we've got 'em even if Iraq doesn't...) and a couple of wrecked B24 bombers...Cost is $25 a head.

I can also organize an underground tour at our mine for any who are interested, but get in quick for this one as numbers are limited...

When we fix a date, I'll also see if we can do an all T day at Hidden Valley, for this I suggest an oil cooler and dot 5.1 brake fluid...

May be able to also do a deal with the Darwin Central Hotel, as we should spend some time in Darwin...

Also, If you'r interested how about a fishing charter?

• Poison Fish. Poison Fish. TASTY FISH!!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 13d
Gee, I've been planning a Darwin trip for work purposes very soon but this would mean a fly-in trip.

Anyway, when I do I'll PM you Territorians to see if I can hook up with a couple of you.

Like the Bikeman says, "Sounds like a plan"

Hey Mack, Dad and I are tossing up the airport option as well. We were looking for a holiday somewhere away from here! Far, Far Away. :o Where abouts would we be based?

Doing some enquires on accomodation and such now. Sixfan, any updates?Also, Dad's bone is that if we go bush at all, we couldn't take our regular cars, I explained that the Territory may have changed in the last 40 years but he doesn't think so :ermm:

What kind of activities could be planned? Track day?Mmmm, hire car Magna :msm: Bush Treks? Fishing?.....Drinking :o :lol:

Cheers,

Lumpy

• Flaccid Member
  • Donating Members

Like the Bikeman says, "Sounds like a plan"

Hey Mack, Dad and I are tossing up the airport option as well. We were looking for a holiday somewhere away from here! Far, Far Away. :o Where abouts would we be based?

Doing some enquires on accomodation and such now. Sixfan, any updates?Also, Dad's bone is that if we go bush at all, we couldn't take our regular cars, I explained that the Territory may have changed in the last 40 years but he doesn't think so :ermm:

What kind of activities could be planned? Track day?Mmmm, hire car Magna :msm: Bush Treks? Fishing?.....Drinking :o :lol:

Cheers,

Lumpy

err,

Lump, did you see my last post on the previous page?

• Poison Fish. Poison Fish. TASTY FISH!!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 13d

Curse you people all posting after I look at the thread!

Sixfan,

Just had a look at your location, Brocks Creek is about 100 Mile south of Darwin?Is that where we'd be holed up? The Mine, is it working or retired, Dad's eyes shot up when he thought Gold! He had an old Tin Show not far from there.

How long all up do you think it would be? 1 week? 10 days? The tour sounds cool, as does the fishing and the Track day!

One thing people may want to know isthat 98 Octane fuel isnt available west of Roma, so for those people who prefer/need it, either we load up the utes with Optimax Barrells or get a Premium 95 Octane tune?

• Flaccid Member
  • Donating Members

Great points Lump,

Brocks is about 140K's South of Darwin, ( 45 mins drive :lol: )but I don't suggest we hole up here (for long.) I live here and I'd love to get the hell out too!

The mine is currently on Care and Maintanance, but things are happening and I may not be that way for long, yup it's a gold mine and you can keep any bits you find....

I'm open to suggestions for a timeframe, It's cool with me as I'm not the one making the big drive, I suggest 1week as a MINIMUM.

I'll track down the availability of 98 tommorrow and let you know...I know you can get it in Darwin, Premium is available along the way and once we confim dates / numbers / departure points I'll try and get a list for those interested, we can also try and get group discounts for those travelling together, as the dry season comes to an end, people are keen to make deals.

I'll do the checking tommorrow or monday when dudes are open....

thanks for the queries, I'm getting really keen to meet you guys and see some of the awsome modded T's that we don't see here, (no bas*ard willing to do the work here!)