Problem With The T Tonight..! ahhh

Frankg

• Member For: 20y 8m 8d

Pulled up a at a mates house tonight and went to put the Gear selector into park and it wouldnt go????

Tried over and over ... stopped car restarted (in nuetral) and put it into D- no probs - tried R - no probs but wont go into P??????

I called roadsied assistance and they sent out the RAA... He had no idea what was going on he started to pull the console apart and got about four pieces off then gave up....???

I thought the idea of roadside assistance was that someone who knew somthing about my car would come out to help me... not the RAA who are just reading out of a manual... geeez I could do that......(WANKERS)..!!!!!

Anyone got any ideas!!!

Am gonna take her to dealer first thing tomorrow and make em fix it straight away....

• Bloody Orange Team (BOT)
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 9m 7d

"Roadside assistant's" are just over rated auto electricians. :censored:

I do recall some threads on "software problems" with some auto's. As you said, the dealer is the best bet.

• 6 years later...
  • Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 7m 23d

Have you tried resetting the ECU by removing the negative from the battery? Seems to be a triage method of choice for me for a whole mirade of issues. Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. But sounds mechanical rather than electrical.

• Member For: 13y 4m 27d

I managed to get it in park today it kinda feels like the button on the shifter does not go all the way in to allow

it to go past reverse and into park. I just kept trying and pushed the button in and out half a dozen times and it went in. I will try

the battery if it does it again but doesn't seem to be an electrical fault. Might try and track down a new shifter just in case :)

"tuned 4spd yeah?"

Nah just standard 4 speed no mods